Up, up, and away save (repeated strong interference messages)

Reaction score
Yesterday I was at about 300 ft altitude and 200 ft distance, and I suddenly started receiving repeated "strong interference" messages on my screen. When I looked back up at my P3S, it was hauling butt up and away from my location (why don't they ever haul butt TO your location, rather than away from it?!!!). Thanks to reading this forum for a while, I remembered not to panic (sorry, but I did!), switched to A mode, and reeled it in myself. Disaster averted.
My question:
EVERY time I fly, no matter where, I receive the "strong interference" message occasionally while flying (nothing like yesterday, but occasionally during every flight). Is this common? Do you guys receive the message a few times while flying, no matter where or when you fly?
Thanks in advance.

I've not experienced that message. May be an issue with the equipment itself. Guys?

Are you flying in an urban or suburban areas ? Go out to the middle of nowhere and is it this happens.

Are you flying in an urban or suburban areas ? Go out to the middle of nowhere and is it this happens.
Both.
Have tried in many places where there is nothing for miles; still get the occasional warning.
(I have only had the attempted fly-away once - 300 ft above an area with a few scattered houses, 200 ft away from me, received continual warnings.)

Both.
Have tried in many places where there is nothing for miles; still get the occasional warning.
(I have only had the attempted fly-away once - 300 ft above an area with a few scattered houses, 200 ft away from me, received continual warnings.)
The only thing I can think of is to calibrate and relink everything and see if that works. Compass, IMU and remote, can't hurt.

Your symptom and solution doesn't match up.
If your bird receives interference from another source it is going to do one of two things.
1. Stand still. This is the most likely as what are the chances the interference mimics your controller and issues the command to fly away?
2. Fly away. But if the interference is stronger than your controller why would switching to mode A make any difference ?

Your symptom and solution doesn't match up.
If your bird receives interference from another source it is going to do one of two things.
1. Stand still. This is the most likely as what are the chances the interference mimics your controller and issues the command to fly away?
2. Fly away. But if the interference is stronger than your controller why would switching to mode A make any difference ?

I can't say WHY it happened that way, just that IT DID happen that way. I haven't had a chance to fly it again since that incident.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4