Up Close YouTube Video of DJI Phantom Vision

Reaction score
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6mvUfQRDfs[/youtube]

Has anyone got the information that the Vision camera maybe an add on option? IE: we can purchase the vision camera and add it to our current version of the Phamton. I keep watching the videos and just am
not sure if that is the case.

Colin from DJI mentions in one of the videos that the Vision version of the Phantom has additional/different electronics to support the Vision camera.

I wonder how GoPro feels about this new version of the Phantom that is NOT designed for, or supporting their camera? It seems like a basic feature of the original was that it provided a ton of free advertisement for GoPro. At first I thought maybe the Vision camera is made by GoPro, but realized if that was the case, they would have included that as a selling point. Perhaps the tradeoff for GoPro is that the new gimbal is designed specifically for the GH3. Still... it kinda make one wonder what is going on with all of this...

It is kind of weird but it could well be that there was no official relationship between the two companies. Up until recently GoPro owned that market by itself and it would have made sense for DJI to support the GoPro cameras.

GoPro was right next door to them at NAB so there was plenty of opportunity for them to chat.

GoPro is so big that I doubt they're bothered that DJI is providing their own little camera system. And it's not like GoPro did anything to support the Phantom in any way.

Interesting to hear on the video how the DJI camera is capable of "1080i", boy that's gunna play havoc with people who try to use stabilization software and such. (not nearly as good as 60p)

Gizmo3000 said:
GoPro is so big that I doubt they're bothered that DJI is providing their own little camera system. And it's not like GoPro did anything to support the Phantom in any way.

Interesting to hear on the video how the DJI camera is capable of "1080i", boy that's gunna play havoc with people who try to use stabilization software and such. (not nearly as good as 60p)

Looks like no where as good as using the GoPro 3. Maybe DJI had a fallout with GoPro, which maybe why they are using their inferior camera design, or cannot combat the fly away problem using GoPro 3?

Either way still looks like the standard Phantom is the way to go, as it lets you able to use any camera.

Anyway the Phantom QC is slipping at the expensive of making heaps of money and lack of care toward Customers and Dealers. Looks nice but with the problems, it's not worth buying a Phantom.

denodan said:
Gizmo3000 said:

Looks like no where as good as using the GoPro 3. Maybe DJI had a fallout with GoPro, which maybe why they are using their inferior camera design, or cannot combat the fly away problem using GoPro 3?

Either way still looks like the standard Phantom is the way to go, as it lets you able to use any camera.

Anyway the Phantom QC is slipping at the expensive of making heaps of money and lack of care toward Customers and Dealers. Looks nice but with the problems, it's not worth buying a Phantom.

Don't think they had a fallout, the new Zenmuse HERO gimbal is made for the GoPro only. I think it will help GoPro sell many more cameras. I only have a White now but I will be upgrading to the Black when the gimbal comes out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4