up and then straight down help

Reaction score
This just in...
Went out to fly N take some pic for a buddy of mine.
First 2 locations no problems.
Came to the last site..
Start procedures followed ..
Then up I went 10 ft then hovered .. then went up to about 50ft.

My pv2+ took off forward leaning into what seemed to be full accleration...
Long story short and about 40 mins later found the runaway bird ...
Basically it went in a straight downward angle towards the ground to about 100 meters away. Smash... one broken prop battery popped out .. done
. camera seems like it got banged up pretty good.
Question .. it turns on everything seems ok
Turn the controller on and not able to start motors..
how do i determine if the TX rx is was fried?
I have not updated to the new firmware. Still not sure what happened.
Help?

You provided us with far to little information even to speculate what the cause of your misfortune might have been.

Your going to need more response then what I give here but your details as to how things took place are not there.

Main thing to point out here is that you MUST calibrate the compass at each new location before you fly. If you don't, well, you can see what can and probably will happen.

So many buy this quad and don't appreciate it enough to READ THE MANUAL. Then when a new manual comes out, read the revision. All it will do it help you have a much more enjoyable experience.

Ok here goes
I did all of the startup procedures as always
compass calibration and so forth ...
Cant be certain at this point because everything seemed very normal.

I was within 3 .. 5 ft from the quad as it hovered at 10 ft above then I went up just under 50 ft...
I then moved the controller stivks forward to head inthe direction of the structure I was taking pictures of.
The phantom tilted forward as if it wS in atti mode very agressive like and headed straight I could not control it at all and watched it fly inno the ground....
sucks but its a part of the whole experience.

I am just teying to figure out how to get my bird back in the air ..
How to trouble shoot what might be wrong hardware wise and then I can see whats what.
Dont know if the esc and or motors might be done replacements will be new phantom motors/esc.
Also teying to determine about my tx n rx for the phantom ...
question... can I conect to rc assistants to check settings without upgrading the current software?
any suggestions?

I think there is a good chance you have flicked it into manual mode.
Were you flying in Phantom mode or Naza mode?
I beleive in Phantom mode that the bottom position of S1 is manua lby default,I might be wrong though.
It behaves very differently in manual mode to what it does in GPS or ATTI.
You can very easily go forward and "dive" towards the ground quite quickly.

SOGdrone1 said:
Question .. it turns on everything seems ok
Turn the controller on and not able to start motors..
how do i determine if the TX rx is was fried?
When you turn the remote on or off, do you see a corresponding change in the LED flashing of the Phantom?
(Do this test with props off for safety reasons.)
If this is not a problem, I'd suggest connecting the Phantom to the assistant software and looking to see if the sticks are working & callibrated.

SOGdrone1 said:
Ok here goes
I did all of the startup procedures as always
compass calibration and so forth ...
Cant be certain at this point because everything seemed very normal.

I was within 3 .. 5 ft from the quad as it hovered at 10 ft above then I went up just under 50 ft...
I then moved the controller stivks forward to head inthe direction of the structure I was taking pictures of.
The phantom tilted forward as if it wS in atti mode very agressive like and headed straight I could not control it at all and watched it fly inno the ground....
sucks but its a part of the whole experience.

I am just teying to figure out how to get my bird back in the air ..
How to trouble shoot what might be wrong hardware wise and then I can see whats what.
Dont know if the esc and or motors might be done replacements will be new phantom motors/esc.
Also teying to determine about my tx n rx for the phantom ...
question... can I conect to rc assistants to check settings without upgrading the current software?
any suggestions?

What you are describing happened to me twice. Fortunately my son was filming my Phantom with his phone when my Vision took off at full speed and angled right into the ground. The video was sent to DJI and they agreed to repair my Phantom at no cost.
As to what caused it, I do not know. Sometime it is pilot error, sometimes it isn't. Anyway don't feel too bad 'cause you are not alone in what you have described. Call your dealer and see if he can help you with DJI. My dealer is superb and helped me with the process in getting mine repaired.

RB

flyNfrank said:
Your going to need more response then what I give here but your details as to how things took place are not there.

Main thing to point out here is that you MUST calibrate the compass at each new location before you fly. If you don't, well, you can see what can and probably will happen.

So many buy this quad and don't appreciate it enough to READ THE MANUAL. Then when a new manual comes out, read the revision. All it will do it help you have a much more enjoyable experience.

Sometimes reading the manual isn't going to help one single bit when your aircraft freaks out for no known reason. I wouldn't start blaming the pilot if you don't know all the circumstances for the incident.

RB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.