UofM and the delivery of today's Game ball

Warms my heart to see the FAA overstepping it's authority and making up it's own rules by the day about drones --- just like the NSA trampling all over the Constitution with it's criminal activities against the people.

Don't we live in a wonderful country, 'Murica?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

MadMitch88 said:

Yes we do, let's not forget it! :)

MadMitch88 said:
Warms my heart to see the FAA overstepping it's authority and making up it's own rules by the day about drones --- just like the NSA trampling all over the Constitution with it's criminal activities against the people.

That's the same mindset that I imagine motivates the people who get pissed and paranoid at seeing me fly my Phantom and convince themselves I'm spying on them.

MadMitch88 said:
N017RW said:
Yes we do, let's not forget it! :)

How can we forget it when the NSA is reading all our emails and listening to all our phone calls?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

What are your writing and saying that you think they care about? Good lord... If they want to hear my wife and I talking about bacon... Then whatever.

I work in a company where we get a S'ton of telemetry data, and we can only really focus on the data that we are most interested in, and even then it is a huge amount of data to sort through. Even with crazy advanced algorithms your mundane phone calls and emails are likely nothing but noise in the system.

I mean, sure privacy is important and we all want it... I just think the angst over the possibility that someone in the NSA is actually listening to any one individuals conversations about the gas station being out of regular gasoline is pretty overblown.

GoodnNuff said:
That's the same mindset that I imagine motivates the people who get pissed and paranoid at seeing me fly my Phantom and convince themselves I'm spying on them.

It's amazing how many folks are more worried about a Phantom pilot recording video of them nude sunbathing in their backyard --- but yet don't seem too worried that Russian criminals are stealing their bank and credit card information with ease from retailers' servers and selling that info. on the black market.

It's a crazy world full of ignorant people .... living inside their own delusions.

:(

Buckaye said:
What are your writing and saying that you think they care about? Good lord... If they want to hear my wife and I talking about bacon... Then whatever.

I work in a company where we get a S'ton of telemetry data, and we can only really focus on the data that we are most interested in, and even then it is a huge amount of data to sort through. Even with crazy advanced algorithms your mundane phone calls and emails are likely nothing but noise in the system.

I mean, sure privacy is important and we all want it... I just think the angst over the possibility that someone in the NSA is actually listening to any one individuals conversations about the gas station being out of regular gasoline is pretty overblown.

I hear this a lot and it disturbs me --- "If you arent doing anything bad, then who cares if the government spies on you".

The whole point of our Founding Fathers fighting a war to create the United States of America was to live our lives according a specific set of ideals. One of those ideals is that the government is not allowed to spy on us with unlimited authority under any circumstance. Hence, Congress passed the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution to protect the people against "unreasonable and warrantless search and seizure". Do you remember any of this from grade school civics class? ;)

I could just easily use your argument to say all firearms should be banned in the USA immediately --- because only "a well-regulated militia" is allowed to bear arms. Makes sense, right? Why do the people need guns if our loving government is protecting us so well with their gigantic spying apparatus? :)

Please don't capitulate to a totalitarian fascist future for America --- the Nazis tried that idea in Germany and it didn't work out too well for them. :roll:

Ok... I see your point. I guess I just am not ready to take the leap that we're setting up a system that leads to genocide. However, in the truest sense you are of course right that it COULD happen.

I just think there are a lot of other more dangerous and offensive things going on in our government that are far more impactful to our way of life than this. I'd say I am merely focusing my special brand of paranoia on the problems that don't have a huge logistical barrier in front of them to make them a reality. The fact that our government can't choose a paint color without falling to pieces scarier to me than the possibility that they are truly capable of listening to my phone calls and emails.

When they read this thread... I'll just let their call go to voicemail.

Buckaye said:
Ok... I see your point. I guess I just am not ready to take the leap that we're setting up a system that leads to genocide. However, in the truest sense you are of course right that it COULD happen.

I just think there are a lot of other more dangerous and offensive things going on in our government that are far more impactful to our way of life than this. I'd say I am merely focusing my special brand of paranoia on the problems that don't have a huge logistical barrier in front of them to make them a reality. The fact that our government can't choose a paint color without falling to pieces scarier to me than the possibility that they are truly capable of listening to my phone calls and emails.

When they read this thread... I'll just let their call go to voicemail.

Well, if we start discussing all the offensive and incompetent things our government does, this thread will get quite LONG in a hurry. :lol:

I think what really irks me about this surveillance state is that we naturally assume the NSA folks are all highly-intelligent professionals with esteemed engineering degrees from MIT and Cal-Tech. Then we find out most of them are like Edward Snowden --- a guy with a GED and didnt complete community college and yet had the highest level of clearance to classified data! There are stories of NSA people passing around nude photos they stole from normal Americans' email accounts. All this stuff just makes me SICK that this is what America has come to. :(

I'll move this thread over to the news section where the OP should have been. But, if this turns in to a discussion about general political dogma rather than just stuff related to Phantoms, it really belongs in off-topic.

OI Photography said:
I'll move this thread over to the news section where the OP should have been. But, if this turns in to a discussion about general political dogma rather than just stuff related to Phantoms, it really belongs in off-topic.

You're right :) I'll stop.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl