Unusual situation

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ that has been performing flawlessly for me. I'm running the DJI app on an iPhone 4S.

When I started flying today I started getting the "control signal lost" indication repeatedly at a very short range. HOWEVAH, control was not lost. I could still control the bird and even when the lost control indication stayed on for several seconds the RTH procedure was not initiated. All batteries in the system were fully charged.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

Carroll Lam

clam said:
I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ that has been performing flawlessly for me. I'm running the DJI app on an iPhone 4S.

When I started flying today I started getting the "control signal lost" indication repeatedly at a very short range. HOWEVAH, control was not lost. I could still control the bird and even when the lost control indication stayed on for several seconds the RTH procedure was not initiated. All batteries in the system were fully charged.

Carroll Lam

Are you running the latest firmware: 3.04?
That would do it, possibly.

clam said:

Carroll Lam

Where you flying in a different place, possibly near transmissions antennas?
Has it repeated the same behavior, and at some other location?

If not, then it may just have been interference of some sort, and/or a simple glitch.
Hopefully it was just something like that.

Anything blocking a direct line of sight between transmitter and Phantom could interfere with signal. I have had this happen when flying on the other side of an aluminum light pole.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl