Unusual residue in props

Reaction score
After flying today and doing some hedge trimming with my bird, I decided to do some detailed cleaning, the green didn't go well with the Phantom white. When I took the props off I noticed on the two rear motors and props a reddish-brown residue in the splines and inside the prop hubs. Has anyone else seen this before or know what this is? I'm thinking may grease from inside the motor coming out but I've never seen this before.

It's not from my gardening excursion, the front props were doing all the work there and their hubs and motors were clean.

After flying today and doing some hedge trimming with my bird, I decided to do some detailed cleaning, the green didn't go well with the Phantom white. When I took the props off I noticed on the two rear motors and props a reddish-brown residue in the splines and inside the prop hubs. Has anyone else seen this before or know what this is? I'm thinking may grease from inside the motor coming out but I've never seen this before.

It's not from my gardening excursion, the front props were doing all the work there and their hubs and motors were clean.

View attachment 111549
Still got all 3 tabs on those prop clips I can only see 2,,,yip seen before it's the coating off the spring ,,is it lock tight on that prop...when see residue like that something is moving when prop locked on,might have bit of play,,,,from my angle that prop lock is broken
Screenshot_20190527-091821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ansia
Props off and check all you prop locks,that's definitely broken one off,good thing there are cheap to buy,,,can anyone confirm this aswell

Just a bad camera angle, all 3 have tabs. The upper left has a small nick in it so going to replace it.
OK sorry my bad for that,,but Yeh photo make look like it gone,,talking about residue it might not hurt to order new spring set in case rear 2 wearing somehow to create brown colour,mine just got some new ones as not to play on me mind,,also in past I've had a white powder residue from play in the clip,,lucky it not break in flight,I find a pic to show,,never happened again after I installed p4p set up
Screenshot_20190527-103720.jpg

Reactions: Ansia
I suggest to take out the mount, clean it throughly and do some low flight testing to see if it reappears. Like Ian said, it could be residue from the spring oxidation, or an external source, but you didn't notice it happening.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20