Unsure of my purchase

Reaction score
I recently decided to buy the Phantom 2 Vision. It is currently somewhere on route to my house. I must admit that I have been having second thoughts while waiting for it to arrive. I am new to the hobby but it really has grabbed my attention. It seemed like the Vision was good quality compared to something like the HK Quanum Nova and it was sold by US vendors. I paid $799 for the unit which is a lot from a new persons perspective and my wife's. Are people still buying this version or has everybody switched over to the newer version? I am debating whether to go the next step and get the vision + which is more $ but is really the correct unit to buy.

It's difficult for someone else to determine the best choice for your objectives. In the end, I wanted an aircraft with flight duration, gimbal-stabilized camera, and FPV, and thought it would be cheaper to put it together myself.

After trying to solder and screwing a few things up, I realized an integrated package on a P2 airframe worked best for me. I'm happy with the P2V+ and realize now it would have been cheaper in the end to just buy the Plus outright.

I think the P2V+ is a great idea, but the camera/gimbal are a bit too fragile for my taste. The P2V with a Rotorpixel gimbal is, IMHO, a much more rugged platform. There is also an update for the Rotorpixel in the works to evolve it to a three axis gimbal. I think you made the right choice, but you're going to have to irritate your wife a little more by picking up a gimbal... :D

-slinger

Thanks. I think I had too much time on my hands waiting for the vision to arrive. I did the assembly and all the calibrations and firmware updates last night and flew it this morning. Even with windy conditions it flew great. I did keep it low to ground to be safe. The only thing I noticed is a loud motor servo while stationary. It seems like this is normal based on other posts.

Excellent... You're really going to enjoy it. That servo motor noise coming from the camera is absolutely normal. No worries...

Psssttt... If you order a RotorPixel gimbal now... you'll have it in a couple of weeks... :D

-slinger

I think the RotorPixel will be near the top of list. May need another battery first. Thanks.

dirkclod said:
gunslinger said:
Excellent... You're really going to enjoy it. That servo motor noise coming from the camera is absolutely normal. No worries...

Psssttt... If you order a RotorPixel gimbal now... you'll have it in a couple of weeks... :D

-slinger
Do ya really think so ?

Yup... I do... :D

Re: Odp: Unsure of my purchase

dirkclod said:
Well I think the P2V and RPG is the best choice ! IMHO
Now to go to that site and order :D

Why do you think so? Is the fragile gimbal on Vision plus the only reason? P2V + Rotorpixel come out more expensive than P2V+ and it lacks third axis on the gimbal, range etc...

The only thing that comes cheaper is when you crash and break gimbal but it actually does not come cheaper...

P2V camera + rotorpixel come out more expensive than the P2V+ camera install, another thing is that the Vision plus may get damaged more easily...

I still have hard time with choosing between one and the other. My heart says Vision+, reason says old Vision...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr