Unsupported video formal

Reaction score
I have been unable to play video that I have downloaded from the P3standard mini SD card to my iPad Air via a card reader. I have the DJI Go app set to record in NTSC and .MOV. The video will download to the iPad but then won't play. I do see a frame by frame strip at the bottom of the screen but when I touch the right facing arrow in the middle of the screen I get the error message. I have gotten the same error message after having downloaded the video to my laptop Windows 7 PC. I tried by Windows Media Player and Quicktime. Same result.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have been unable to play video that I have downloaded from the P3standard mini SD card to my iPad Air via a card reader. I have the DJI Go app set to record in NTSC and .MOV. The video will download to the iPad but then won't play. I do see a frame by frame strip at the bottom of the screen but when I touch the right facing arrow in the middle of the screen I get the error message. I have gotten the same error message after having downloaded the video to my laptop Windows 7 PC. I tried by Windows Media Player and Quicktime. Same result.
Unsupported video format usually means that the computer doesn't have a program to deal with that file type .. or it doesn't know which program to use.
To establish whether the video file is OK, try downloading VLC Media Player on your PC and give that a go.
It plays just about anything.
If that works you'll know the problem isn't in the Phantom.

Meta4 is absolutely right about getting VLC. You could always download Quick time for the MOV files though

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Downloaded latest video on card to PC and somehow it could be read and played. But I did download VLC. The video seemed to play better with VLC.

I also downloaded VLC to my iPad. But how do I get Phantom videos that I've added to the iPad via SD card reader to play with VLC on my iPad? VLC says my "library" is empty . It just lays out instructions on how to load videos from my PC to the iPad. I would like to be able to transfer from the card to the iPad and then view in the field.
Or is that unnecessary? Just use the iPad as the companion to the controller ?

Finally, and sorry for the length of this, do the settings I use for for or resolution (e.g. 1080) have any bearing on whether videos will play? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj