Unsual "beep" when turning on battery and red warning light on the undercarridge.

Reaction score
I just reinstalled all the electronics into my shell. I've replaced a shell before. Now instead of the usual little musical tone I get a steady beep...beep....beeb..... and a red warning light under the bird on the right side near the battery compartment. (facing away, battery towards me). I've checked all the wiring and everything seems to be in place. The only unsoldering I did was the red and black to the battery holder. Unhooked the normal harnasses but pretty much took out the ESC and motors still soldered. My camera and servo control are disconnected but that's never cause a problem before. Any ideas. I was hoping to try to fly today to check out my attempt to straighten an arm.

That light is not a warning light but where you bind your TX to your bird .
Rebind it and you should be good .

Reactions: Clampit
Do you have access to the manual?
It can help with you finding more 'clues'.

Just pulled up the manual pdf on-line and found that section. I didn't have to do that step new out of the box. I'll give it a try. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is easy bro :)

DSCN0547.JPG
DSCN0548.JPG
Got he bind done. Red light out when I turn on remote. Still getting the steady beep...beep....when I power on the battery. I'm thinking something on the main board maybe needs resetting. Kind of like a reboot on a computer. I've checked and triple checked my harnesses fro where I took everything out of the shell. The only things I took loose were the camera and compass and unsoldered the battery leads. I left the ESC's and motors attached and just lifted everything out. Last time I unsoldered those since I was replacing a motor and an ESC. Didn't have a problem then when I got everything back in. Spent maybe an hour then drawing diagrams and taking pictures of all of the connections. I don't know what I did different. I'd hate to ship it off.

Do you have the compass plugged in when you are hearing those beeps like that ?
I can't remember if that would cause that but just wondering .

I connected everything including the camera. I have noticed that the motors will not start without the GPS from the top shell plugged in. I learned that after the first repair.

I've sent an email to DJI Tech Support. If I find out anything I'll post it. I've heard mixed reviews on their Tech Support.

Last edited:
Yea it might be a little while before you hear back but this has got to be simple and we just have overlooked it.
I am gonna get a buddy to look and see what we missing .
He pretty sharp ! @J Dot

My brother is really good with this stuff. Building his drones scratch but he doesn't want to deal with a DJI. I think he got pissed because I didn't follow his advice and do a DYI project. Hopefully it'll work out. the only real hobby shops near me both closed. One because of the owner's death and I guess the other wasn't making a profit.

Have you by chance went into the assistant with it ?

Sent by Tapatalk

I did earlier. I just downloaded that yesterday and don't know the software. That's my mission tonight. I only had a short time to spend but plugged in P2V and started looking around. At first I had nothing as far as data from my bird on the screen then it changed. I'm not seeing anything as far as GPS but maybe because I'm indoors. I'll take everything outdoors later. I did see a YouTube about setting up the GPS. That could possibly be the problem but I don't think so. The last time when I replaced the shell ESC and motor I didn't have to do anything. Let's keep digging. o_O

Here's a link I found:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello Pounder35,
Dirk rang me for assistance! Can you let me know if you unhooked anything on naza? Or did you just leave everything hooked up, and swapped it all ( except power leads )?

Also, you said you replaced the shell, did you replace compass as well? To antistatic one, or was that original?

Did it crash, why was arm bent?

If you unhooked naza, can you send me UP CLOSE pictures of both ends of naza flight controller? And a pic of your GPS? If crashed did you Check to see if ceramic antenna is cracked?

Lastly, did you try to re install firmware? As STATIC electricity may have played a part in crashing firmware, or if you used a MAGNETIC screwdriver, can have thrown compass out of whack!
Can you post numbers in assistant?
Accelerometer
Compass
Gyro
Readings! ( only the MOD values )

We will start with that, I have detailed pics of the inside of a stock vision wiring, with notes, maybe we can compare the 2, see if something is a miss?

Check those things above first, and let us know!

J Dot
No worries mate, we'll get you fixed up!

Hello Pounder35,
Dirk rang me for assistance! Can you let me know if you unhooked anything on naza? Or did you just leave everything hooked up, and swapped it all ( except power leads )?

Also, you said you replaced the shell, did you replace compass as well? To antistatic one, or was that original?

Did it crash, why was arm bent?

If you unhooked naza, can you send me UP CLOSE pictures of both ends of naza flight controller? And a pic of your GPS? If crashed did you Check to see if ceramic antenna is cracked?

Lastly, did you try to re install firmware? As STATIC electricity may have played a part in crashing firmware, or if you used a MAGNETIC screwdriver, can have thrown compass out of whack!
Can you post numbers in assistant?
Accelerometer
Compass
Gyro
Readings! ( only the MOD values )

We will start with that, I have detailed pics of the inside of a stock vision wiring, with notes, maybe we can compare the 2, see if something is a miss?

Check those things above first, and let us know!

J Dot
No worries mate, we'll get you fixed up!

I had replaced the shell after a previous accident but not this time. This time was a slightly bent arm so I removed all the "guts" and straightened the arm using a heat gun. No electronics in the shell. I unsoldered the battery wires and disconnected the camera and compass harnesses but left the rest together as far as ESC's and motors. Basically lifted it all out as one piece. I had one Phillips head screwdriver with a slight magnetism. Barely enough to lift the screws from the ESC's. I did take the GPS from the old shell and installed it in a new top shell that was leftover from the previous crash. I haven't replace either antennae. My last repair was easy. I replaced the lower shell, one ESC, and two motors. fired it up and everything was fine. I spent over 20 years in camera repair so feel comfortable working with electronic circuits, soldering, troubleshooting, etc. By unhooking anything from Naza do you mean the main board in the center with the orange Phantom label on it? If so, yes. I unplugged the camera connector from F2 and the USB port connector. Other than that just the plugs above the battery slot for compass and camera. I just downloaded the Assistant software today but don't know what to make of it. It seems to be connecting fine since I'm seeing battery voltage and other reading on the screen but I don't want to mess with that yet. I feel like I'm overlooking something simple. Thanks for any help. I was hoping to fly along the beach this weekend.

Reactions: dirkclod
Just a thought but the compass has a plug at the bottom where it plugs into this inside that cover . I had to replace mine one time . It looks like this
1.jpg Maybe that connection or where that plugs in behind where the GGS plugs in .I would check that again .
I'm just throwing rocks bro but how knows unless ya do . I use the V3 compass also

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic