unresponsive gimbal P4P

Reaction score
I bought a crashed P4P on ebay that needed the yaw arm and flex cable replaced. when i put on the new parts, the gimbal powers up and I get video feed but the gimbal keeps looking up, then down, then up again. anybody know what could be causing this? I'll upload video when I can.

SOLVED: a sensor on the pitch motor was damaged. put in a pitch motor from a scrap gimbal assembly I have and it works!

Last edited:
Did you use the original motors? And did you buy a quality flex cable, like the one from FstopLab? And your camera isn't mounted upside down? If you are using the original motors and did get a quality cable, the crash probably damaged the sensors on your pitch motor.

I used all the original motors. the flex cable I bought is definitely questionable. got it pretty cheap off eBay, seller had good ratings so I thought it'd be ok.

I mounted the camera upside down at first but fixed that.

is there a way to tell if the pitch motor sensors are damaged?

is it possible to put in a new pitch motor?

I have another flex cable from the same seller I could try to hook up and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hounddog
I used all the original motors. the flex cable I bought is definitely questionable. got it pretty cheap off eBay, seller had good ratings so I thought it'd be ok.

I mounted the camera upside down at first but fixed that.

is there a way to tell if the pitch motor sensors are damaged?

is it possible to put in a new pitch motor?

I have another flex cable from the same seller I could try to hook up and see if that makes a difference.

Go buy the flex cable from FstopLabs (FSL). If that's what you got it from, then their cable is fine. If not, return those cables and buy the one from FSL. I think they even have it on Amazon.

Yes, you can replace the motor. To inspect it, you will need to remove it and press the pin out so you can remove the motor mount cap. Then you will see three silver/gray areas around the perimeter and you will need to use a magnifying device to inspect it for lines/damage marks.

I think a sensor on the pitch motor is damaged. going to try swapping that out for another one I have.

Attachments

• 20180421_035758.jpg
    20180421_035758.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 155
success! gimbal is functioning properly after replacing the pitch motor. I did a full swap of the pitch motor too. I was worried I'd have to switch the housings to keep the native one like when replacing a yaw motor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj