Unknown code error 42

Reaction score
Since the update to 1.3 i have had a few unknown 42 errors when trying to start up, take the battery out and let some air get into the craft and it starts. Now before the update when on 1.9 i use to get a few barometer noisy errors and same again take the battery out and let some air into the craft and it started. Anyone know if that 42 error is the new barometer error on the latest firmware.

Not a common problem then, blade i could really use your help on this one. LOL

I got the same error with my P3A (firmware 1.2.8), I asked the customer support chat about it, they said it was compass error. If you calibrate your phantom it should be okay.

I will give another compass Cali a try along with another IMU and see how it goes. Hope it's as simple as that but I can't see it. Did a fresh compass straight after the update, Will give it another try tho when it stops raining, you never know it could be just something as simple as that. I certanly hope so.

What's your mod values of the compass?

Cooling the craft down now in the car to do another IMU, then another gimbal and compass and hope that does the trick, my last IMU was not that cold and i had a big start up time. Hoping this works but not holding much hope. Will post on here when i find out what that error 42 is.

Cooling the craft down now in the car to do another IMU, then another gimbal and compass and hope that does the trick, my last IMU was not that cold and i had a big start up time. Hoping this works but not holding much hope. Will post on here when i find out what that error 42 is.

If you device keeps giving you this error I would recommend for you to not fly.

I would definitely try what you're doing but if it raises it's head again it will probably have to be sent in for repair.

Yea I am guessing this 42 error is the new barometer error which is a job for dji. Can you confirm if it is the barometer error or not. Cheers for help on this blade.

Yea I am guessing this 42 error is the new barometer error which is a job for dji. Can you confirm if it is the barometer error or not. Cheers for help on this blade.

Yes, as per a repair manual it is. I will try to contact someone tonight from HQ to get a definite answer.

Reactions: Buckaye
Reactions: JoBe and Buckaye
Yea I have had a feeling for a while she will need to go in for hardware repair. Did a very cold IMU and gimbal and compass yesterday and have not had it since then and done 2 flights yesterday and a couple more today with no problems, but no doubt the problem will come up again so it's best she goes in to be sorted. I have another phantom I can fly while I wait for the long return process so not to big a problem, and there is a company in the UK that has been selling imported pro models from the states cheap which I have been tempted by for a few weeks now so I might end up getting one of them, my pal got one from them and it flys far, very far. Bummer I got to send it in tho but hay ho it could be worse.
Thanks again blade for looking into this for me. Big thumbs up bud.

Not sent it yet robin been flying it today with no probs, got it from Heliguy so might just send it back to them to send of and sort out which the retailer has to take care of by law, but if it's going to slow the job down to much I might send it back myself depending on cost. Yea think it is Germany they need to go to from the UK tho from what I know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers