Unexpected p3 takeoff

Reaction score
I took it to a nice place to fly today.
I couldnt find a spot with a total flat surface so i position it in a small tilt angle. Even my syma c5 would be able to takeoff like this no problem. I didnt even take off. just started the engines and the phanntom decided to punch it at full throttle, flipped over and kept punching it as it got tones of dust on it and scrached the props badly.
Totaly upset with it....

Are you talking about the initial start of the motors when it is "self tightening" the propellers? That happens every time you start the phantom 3, and that burst wasn't the cause of the crash it was the uneven surface that you placed it on. Sucks and hate to hear that.

I couldnt find a spot with a total flat surface so i position it in a small tilt angle. Even my syma c5 would be able to takeoff like this no problem. I didnt even take off. just started the engines and the phanntom decided to punch it at full throttle, flipped over and kept punching it as it got tones of dust on it and scrached the props badly.
Totaly upset with it....
How steep was the tilt? I just complete an aerial video shoot today at a golf course and I had to take off from many different sloping surfaces. I've had no problems taking off even when the motors were doing their startup.

Are you talking about the initial start of the motors when it is "self tightening" the propellers? That happens every time you start the phantom 3, and that burst wasn't the cause of the crash it was the uneven surface that you placed it on. Sucks and hate to hear that.
i expected it to just arm the engines but it did arm and then punched it

Sorry but would you mind explaining 'punched it'? Do you mean it revved at high speed, shot up into the air, couldn't shut off, what?

yes. the engines started spinning at full speed and the phantom flipped over and kept scratching the props on the ground. i shut it off after few seconds.

How steep was the tilt? I just complete an aerial video shoot today at a golf course and I had to take off from many different sloping surfaces. I've had no problems taking off even when the motors were doing their startup.
It wasnt so steep at all. I felt very safe to take off like this.

Just to clarify, goto 15:10 in this video and is this the sound it made and how it revved up?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Saffron
Sorry you had a flip. Lots of time we don't know what happened or what we did. Clean her up and go for it again. You'll probably get clean take off. If not then you have some other issues. Just be sure to complete your preflight checklist and have GPS locks.

Reactions: Itay
I've seen this before. If you would have auto-taken off, I think it would have actually started the engines and pulled it up immediately. Because you tried to just arm the motors, it spins the motors quickly and then the RPMs come back down. I've seen someone else's flip exactly like that because they too were on the smallest of unlevel surface when trying to arm.

I flipped mine due to an uneven surface. I think hand launch with an assistant is the safest way if you can't find something flat.
I will carry a sheet of ply or something in future!

yeah I was wondering if there's a threshold of angle where the Phantom get's confused and tries to level itself? I fly a lot of Golf courses too and never have had it try to take of at any small slope but I try to avoid landing or launching from big slopes.

Totaly upset with it....

Maybe some interference ? Seems to be a theme around here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31