uneven rotor tilt?

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I am new to the UAV community. Just bought a P4 a month ago and looking forward to learning as I go. Yesterday I noticed for the first time that my P4 was moving forward much slower than to either side or backward. I moved it closer for tests and saw that when sent in either sideways or backwards direction, the unit responded by "tilting" and moving quickly. However when sent forward, it does not "tilt" and instead moves forward at half the speed as the other directions in an almost level position.

I dont recall seeing this in my previous flights so think it happened in the air yesterday. Prior to noticing it I was pushing the UAV by moving it quickly in all directions trying to understand how quickly it can respond. Does this sound like a hardware or software problem? I checked the settings in the DJI app and they appear the same as factory settings. I did purchase the DJI care program so may have to take advantage of that if something is actually broken. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

First-order wild guess:
Something detected by the collision avoidance system?

Last edited:
Try turning off Obstacle Avoidance. See if this evens out the speeds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik