Understanding Healthy Drones

Reaction score
47b706c0dfb060a73ec4408126b82169.jpg

What is the meaning of minor signal errors?
I have few 'weak signal on this flight.
What is the best action you take when you get the scary red weak signal during the flight ?
Should I return at point M?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is the best action you take when you get the scary red weak signal during the flight ?

From what I just learned yesterday the antennae positions are critical for correction of that. Having them perpendicular to the ground and pointed in the same direction as the Phantom. Flying overhead having them parallel to the ground. Made a big difference for me as to controlling the "bird"!

One of the other biggest actions you can take is to be very aware of the area where you are flying - cell towers especially for interfering with signal (doesn't look like that was an issue however for you).

In fact the phantom was far away to be seen , I was flying using the map since this is my home area, the video was solid perfect all the time
Just this brief warnings , that scared me my question is it ok to fly further the point till the video starts to show some deterioration ?
I was trying to get to the small lake that showed on the map

is it ok to fly further the point till the video starts to show some deterioration

Good question.....im not that brave. One thing for certain is if the RC loses communication for a short period of time - the Phantom will go into RTH (if you have it set up that way in the GoApp.

In fact the phantom was far away to be seen , I was flying using the map since this is my home area, the video was solid perfect all the time
Just this brief warnings , that scared me my question is it ok to fly further the point till the video starts to show some deterioration ?
I was trying to get to the small lake that showed on the map

Depends what you're doing...

In general, a few signal errors isn't a problem, but consistently flying to the point of losing connection (unless you're doing distance/antenna testing) is probably not a good idea.

Remember also you have uplink and downlink. Or RC signal going to bird to control it via your input. Also there is a video downlink send FPV video back to you.

You can lose video and it's not real bad(you can see where you were via map). Losing RC signal to bird is not good as eaglegoaltender was referencing as that causes loss of control and RTH(if you set it preflight)

In fact I did not lose any moment of video , not even a flicker when I got the massage. According to what I understand from you guys I was a chicken .. But you should understand that I do not wanna risk my lovely bird loool

Reactions: maseman88
According to what I understand from you guys I was a chicken

Hmmmm...........I don't see any reference to where anyone thought you were "chicken"?

Just guys pointing out there is a "failsafe" built in if you lost signal with your Phantom (RTH). As long as that is set up in the GoApp prior to flying............the Phantom will come back to you if RC signal is lost as to communicating with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl