Under highway flying?

Reaction score
A newly constructed dual level highway is being constructed in a town near me. The bottom level is currently under construction only for a few more months.

Since the majority of it is vacant, how would the p3 handle with all the metal around?

Reactions: iquadtography
If you loose signal at any point I think she will RTH right into the upper level. CRUNCH !

If you're worried about the compass fly it in ATTI mode. I'd be surprised if the compass were affected at 1000 feet

A newly constructed dual level highway is being constructed in a town near me. The bottom level is currently under construction only for a few more months.

Since the majority of it is vacant, how would the p3 handle with all the metal around?

The metal is usually only an issue for getting a compass calibrated and/or initialization on take-off. You should be fine to fly around steel. I think the thing you need to keep an eye on is if you lose GPS signal and switch to atti mode. But you should be fine otherwise. I recently flew all around a metal warehouse and the only issue I had was losing satellite signal when under the roof.

Be ready to hit forward on the right stick and throttle up soon after to get it out of the way. It might be smart to set a low (very low) return to home height so it doesn't rise up into the top bridge if you lose signal.

Reactions: surplussunshine
As someone else mentioned, RTH is your biggest concern. I'd switch fail safe mode from rth to land so that it doesn't try to fly up to your safe altitude in case of a loss of signal.

Reactions: surplussunshine

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20