Unbelievable DJI Repair Time!

Reaction score
I have not had bad experiences with DJI repair. I know some have stated their difficulty but this is my 2nd time for a repair. One was a P2 and now my P3P. P2 was a flyaway/crash repair with about 6 weeks turnaround. P3P was lightning fast! They received it on Monday 1-11 and I just got an email notifying me that it has been repaired and is on its way back! That is 4 days!

I was extremely frustrated with the updated FW problem and losing video signal. I did everything they said in emails and phone calls back and forth to rectify the problem to no avail. They always responded in a timely manner. They finally authorized me to send it in with no promise of free repair but I was not charged for this repair. I can't guarantee that everyone's experience will be like mine, but right now, I'm a happy camper. We'll see how she flies and how I can see upon return. Thanks DJI! I think you're making progress!

Nice to hear more good results from the DJI service center. :)

According to FedEx it will be delivered on Wednesday, so I won't be able to report on the repair until then.

took me over two weeks to get mine replaced.

I haven't got a replacement yet and I've been communicating back and fourth Everyday since December 22 when my drone flew away after a FW update. I never got my drone back. It went higher and faster than I've ever seen it go. I had no control and nothing worked to return it home. DJI has been giving me replacement coupon codes to order another drone that simply don't work. My experience with post service has been terrible. I still have a P3P that I'm scared to fly and think I want a refund on. I can't afford 1400.00 fly aways

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Same here I sent my wife's p3s for repair and took a total of 6 days to send off and return. If you have to send in your phantom for repair use the California repair facility.

Sent in 12-20 for falling from the sky. Get it back today 1/15 repaired under warranty. Sent to California repair location. Was quoted 8 weeks to return but it only took 3-3.5 wks

I agree with you all about the CA repair facility. That is where mine was sent. Apparently, they seem to be quicker than other repair stations. I don't know how many there are.

My gimbal/camera/sd reader fried, send it to DJI (EU) Netherlands, it took 4-5 working days to get it back after they received it, free of charge. With new gimbal/camera unit AND also new body, they had noticed small stress crack too. Took 1 day to get RMA number so it really went really smooth.

Repair update: Just received it back and did a few test flights. Video transmission is fine now. However, now I am having RC problems. It dropped out at 800', and auto initiated RTH, then again at about 200' and auto RTH kicked in. Called DJI and they said to re-link the RC, which I did. Flew again and got to 1600' and RTH kicked due to RC lost connection. Then again at 200' same thing happened. Called DJI and they are VERY responsive! They sent me an escalated RMA ticket with a 2 day expedited shipping label and said that it should be a 5 day turn around. I'm still happy as I work through this because of their responsiveness.

I cannot believe that DJI can operate in this manner. I asked for warranty info regarding the parts needed 4 days ago, and still haven't received a response. With a 7 day max respond time from me before they ship it back, I have no alternative than to approve.
The instructions for payment are absurd. Pay by Paypal and THEN send them a copy? As an online retailer that accepts Paypal, i know they get an immediate notification for payments received.
I am beyond dismayed.I have only had this little guy in the air once, and only 50' above my head. No wifi transmission. I dream of the day I can actually relate to this forum by experience.
I have never seen anything so unprofessional.

"information <[email protected]>
Jan 22 (4 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Dear Lori Beyer,

In regards of your DJI product repair, please use the link below to download and review the invoice with the due amount of $157.00.
DJI | PI Download
CODE:xxx
Located at the bottom left of the invoice you will see a Paypal logo, please click on it and it will redirect you to the website with your invoice. If this link does not work you can submit payment via paypal, by going to paypal.com then click on "send" located at the top. Type the e-mail "[email protected]" without the quotation marks and the amount to be paid located in the invoice. Then click "continue" and follow the steps to input your billing information.
After payment, make sure you email your receipt to [email protected] to confirm your payment has been received, by either attach a screen shot or the pdf file.

**NOTE** If Payment is not received within 7 business days from invoice date, your unit will be processed for return. Once the return process has commenced the status cannot be changed. If at a later date you would like to return your equipment for repair please do so by contacting customer support at 818-235-0789.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

This is an automated message, reply to this message is not monitored, please email[email protected] if you have any question."

My P3P is in the process of being repaired according to the DJI Repair web site! I doubt that I will get it back this week, but I would imagine that I would receive it next week. Although they did say due to it being escalated, it would only be 2 days to repair. We'll see.

My P3P is in the process of being repaired according to the DJI Repair web site! I doubt that I will get it back this week, but I would imagine that I would receive it next week. Although they did say due to it being escalated, it would only be 2 days to repair. We'll see.
How did you get yours escalated? I guess it was warranty?
I got another notice a while ago to pay the estimate or they would send it back. This is AFTER I have already paid and followed their instructions to the letter regarding payment and sending copies. I shudder to think how long the actual repair will take after they figure out it has been paid.

It was escalated due to the fact that I had just received it back from repair facility (faulty FW update issue) and although the video feed issue seemed to be rectified, I was getting auto RTH as close as 200' as the RC signal cut out multiple times. I called them the same day I received it after at least 4 test flights and asked them what I needed to do if anything on my end to correct the problem. I didn't ask for it to be escalated, they offered since it wasn't fixed the 1st time. I'm sure if they checked, they found that my flight logs matched my story. I've tried to be as respectful and patient with them as I can and they are reciprocating.

Reactions: LoneStarLori
Now you have me worried that it won't be fixed right the first time. Lol.
My posts may sound harsh, but I assure you, I am quite courteous with them. Having been in retail management for 40 years, I've been on the receiving end of customer dissatisfaction many times.
There is a lot to this story I didn't relay and won't bore you with. It's been on going for over a month involving 4 phone calls and countless emails. I just get the feeling the left hand doesn't know what's the right is doing.

Crossing my fingers for you that yours comes back soon and is fully functional.

Reactions: Sky King
Just as I predicted and as DJI promised, my P3P is out of the repair que and on its way back from CA to me! Will be here on Monday. Hopefully it will fly like it is supposed to. That is all I ask. Thanks again, DJI!

Just received my P3P back today and took it out for a flight. I had ZERO problems and flew 32,675' w/o video or RC loss. Only took it about 3000' out but it flew flawlessly. Not sure what DJI did, but I'm very happy. They cut my Gold stickers and didn't replace them. They are still on the top shell but not on the bottom. Actually, it looks like they gave me a new bird with the same camera. I just checked on the bracing and it is the new bracing on the motor mounts. They also put a new device holder on my RC. DJI really fixed me up this time! I'm truly sorry there are others who may be having trouble, but I could not be more pleased!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers