Unacceptable from DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On December 6th I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro from directly from DJI. On December 14th the quadcopter arrived and on that very day, I was showing the P4P to my family. The was hovering at 17 meters when it lost all power without warning and fell from the sky. I was incredibly disappointed that I had received a faulty product and it failed on the day it arrived. I was hoping to use it over the Christmas break but sadly, it wasnt possible.

Fast forward to a month later and DJI tell me that they really WANT to honour the warranty on the faulty product they sold me, but they wont. My case number was CAS-368122-S9V7R9. Even though all available information and even flight logs show that the P4P must have failed, the internal SD card was damaged and they tried to use that as an excuse to charge me nearly €500 to fix the faulty P4P they sold me. After a day battling with DJI Europe, and a sleepless night worrying about it all, DJI eventually honoured the warranty on the product they sold me. I recieved the updates on the repair, on all the parts needed to do the repair and the quadcopter was sent back.

Wednesday 25th of January arrives and my quadcopter arrives except.... it isnt my quadcopter at all?? Without asking or informing me, DJI switched my quadcopter with someone elses. Well OK, once it works thats ok by me! Except it didnt work. This quadcopter is also faulty, it has a persistant gimbal problem. So the day THIS P4P arrives, DJI tell me to send it back to the repair centre again. My new case number is CAS-425604-P0G2L0. So DJI think its fine to take €1700 from me on December 6th and keep sending me faulty products? They think its ok to make the customer wait and hope their repair process actually works?

Well I am taking my story to every site and tech blog I can find starting now. This is absolutely unacepptable.

Reactions: Spurbar
Does anybody have contact information for bloggers who would be interested in this story?

On December 6th I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro from directly from DJI. On December 14th the quadcopter arrived and on that very day, I was showing the P4P to my family. The was hovering at 17 meters when it lost all power without warning and fell from the sky. I was incredibly disappointed that I had received a faulty product and it failed on the day it arrived. I was hoping to use it over the Christmas break but sadly, it wasnt possible.

Fast forward to a month later and DJI tell me that they really WANT to honour the warranty on the faulty product they sold me, but they wont. My case number was CAS-368122-S9V7R9. Even though all available information and even flight logs show that the P4P must have failed, the internal SD card was damaged and they tried to use that as an excuse to charge me nearly €500 to fix the faulty P4P they sold me. After a day battling with DJI Europe, and a sleepless night worrying about it all, DJI eventually honoured the warranty on the product they sold me. I recieved the updates on the repair, on all the parts needed to do the repair and the quadcopter was sent back.

Wednesday 25th of January arrives and my quadcopter arrives except.... it isnt my quadcopter at all?? Without asking or informing me, DJI switched my quadcopter with someone elses. Well OK, once it works thats ok by me! Except it didnt work. This quadcopter is also faulty, it has a persistant gimbal problem. So the day THIS P4P arrives, DJI tell me to send it back to the repair centre again. My new case number is CAS-425604-P0G2L0. So DJI think its fine to take €1700 from me on December 6th and keep sending me faulty products? They think its ok to make the customer wait and hope their repair process actually works?

Well I am taking my story to every site and tech blog I can find starting now. This is absolutely unacepptable.

Hopefully you and DJI get this sorted out ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's absolutely normal for them to expedite the repair process by sending out a different quad. It's the fastest way to get you back in the air again. Its NOT acceptable for them to keep shipping bad birds though. I got mine back with a different serial when I had a bad motor. I rather get a new bird faster rather than wait on MY specific bird personally.

DJI operates much like most manufacturers who replace the repair unit with a refurbished one if you read their warranty. I've had Sony do it and some camera makers too. Sony actually glued the components together making repair impossible so they replaced it with a refurb they could get apart and fix, albeit somewhat scratched. Our TV was the same thing, replaced with a refurb, and then Mitsubishi quit making TV's as far as I know. Cost makes them unworthy to repair and parts are impossible so they swap out parts. They must have fixed and replaced that TV six times too in the first year which is absurd and maybe why they stopped making them. When a company puts a Reset button on the front of the TV, then someone screwed up in engineering the thing.

My first two drones had issues right out off the box. On the second one, I contacted DJI and they wanted to go through the RMA and possible refurb process on a two-day old drone. Not acceptable to me so I took it back to the store and they exchanged it with a third newly boxed one (Best Buy.). The third one sorta works other than funky altitude reading in GO. Personally, I'd like to know what DJI's QC and return numbers are as it doesn't seem very good overall.

Good luck on your "Third's a charm" drone. Sounds like my story.

I had a similar experience with a P3A.
I posted my story on the DJI forum
DJI Honk Kong picked it up. I was granted a DOA procedure and received a brand new P3A soon after. :)
My advice is no to give up and instead of fighting with DJI appeal on their service.
Good luck, I am sure you'll come to a agreeable solution with DJI.

We understand you feel like you've been done wrong by DJI but this isn't the place to try and blemish DJI. While we are not in any way affiliated with DJI we do have community standards stating we do not condone this type of posting.

Community Guidelines

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

thread_closed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20