Unable to upgrade camera firmware

Reaction score
My P2V+ currently has version 1.2.5g of the camera firmware. I noticed that on 16 January DJI released version 1.3.0g but I have not been able to upgrade to this latest version.

I have followed the instructions in the Readme file to the letter as shown here:

1. Download the latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware from the official DJI website and unzip it.
2. Copy the "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" file into the root folder of an empty Micro-SD card (less than or equal to 32GB) and rename the file to "firmware_plus.bin".
3. Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera.
4. Turn on the Phantom. The firmware update will begin automatically. A quick yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
5. When the quick yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the "firmware_plus.bin" filename will change to "firmware_plus.bin.bak00". This file on the card can now be deleted.
6. Restart the camera and the new firmware will be active. Check the firmware version in the DJI Vision app.

Everything is fine up to #4 and at that point I do not get the quick yellow flashing light. Briefly I get an orange light which then turns steady green.

I have checked the filename on the SD card and it did not change as mentioned in #5. I've checked the firmware version in the Vision App and it still shows as 1.2.5g.

Two questions. Firstly any ideas why I am unable to update please? Any hidden tricks for this one? Secondly, in the absence of any release notes, what is new about this version?

I should say that I have run the Phantom on the bench and the camera appears to be functioning normally.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would try using an sd card formatted in the camera and try again. You may also want to re-download the file in case it got corrupted. Sounds like you are trying to do it right.

it didnt work immediately for me either. i tried a bunch of times and finally just gave up. flew a few times since and noticed a few weeks ago the file was renamed .bak on my sd card. so if it's not an urgent thing, I'd just leave the file on the card and go fly. it'll happen eventually.

Is this for the vision+? i have no idea which firmware i have because it says nothing here.

2mjssm.jpg

Thanks for any help.

bbfpv said:
yes. camera firmware is listed in the vision app.

Its been a while.. will check this evening. Cheers.
Just checked and it is the 1.3.0 version. :D

Thanks for your help guys. I have already tried a fresh download but will now try to format the SD card in the camera. Failing that, I'll let it run as you suggest bbfpv.

4wd said:
I have heard vague references to improved performance but can anyone give more details on what is better?
Are you seeing video quality improved - even higher bitrate - or is it better stability or connectivity maintained.

I can confirm that it fixes the black screen on startup bug. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything... but haven't really been looking for anything either. I'll pay closer attention next time I'm up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20