Unable to start the motor with CSC

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been using the CSC method to start my drone and take it off manually. When I tried to fly it this morning, the drone wasn't responding to my CSC at all. I had to use the "Auto take off" method on my tablet and fly it. No problem at all during the flight.

Did the new update on the GO app cause this to happen? I am using a Nexus 7 2013 wifi only model. Firmware on the RC and P3A are on latest version.

I believe you need RC calibration.

Maybe in beginner mode? I don't think csc works in beginner mode. ??

If that's the case it should be called 'display' mode.

CSC works in all modes.

As mentioned RC cal may be required to assure that the proper output is being created when the sticks are moved to the maximum positions.

Reactions: Jbundy63
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This happened to me once. I power-cycled the bird & TX and all was good.
If that doesn't do it, time to calibrate.

Hi everyone, I have been using the CSC method to start my drone and take it off manually. When I tried to fly it this morning, the drone wasn't responding to my CSC at all. I had to use the "Auto take off" method on my tablet and fly it. No problem at all during the flight.

Did the new update on the GO app cause this to happen? I am using a Nexus 7 2013 wifi only model. Firmware on the RC and P3A are on latest version.
Make sure you are in Mode 2-- because the CSC two sticks down and in will not work on the other modes. The CSC for different modes changes.

thanks for ALL your help guys! I figured out the problem. Its the stupid yaw control add-on I got for $2 on Ebay. Took it off and everything works good. I guess the measurement wasn't good enough for that 3D printed model and it was blocking the sticks from going all the way down.

Pics below:

lkaghW1.jpg

EsQTK3t.jpg

Make sure you are in Mode 2-- because the CSC two sticks down and in will not work on the other modes. The CSC for different modes changes.

In Mode 1 (vs. 2) the Throttle and Elevator functions swap sticks.

This has no effect on CSC as it is stick position (raw data) not the function assigned which performs the action(s).

Last edited:
In Mode 1 (vs. 2) the Throttle and Elevator functions swap sticks.

This has no effect on CSC as it is stick position (raw data) not the function assigned which performs the action(s).
If a Custom Mode is set up and controls are swapped it will have an effect.. Tested it my self. It took different CSC 's to start the engines.

thanks for ALL your help guys! I figured out the problem. Its the stupid yaw control add-on I got for $2 on Ebay. Took it off and everything works good. I guess the measurement wasn't good enough for that 3D printed model and it was blocking the sticks from going all the way down.

Pics below:

lkaghW1.jpg

EsQTK3t.jpg

You can still use the $2 Yaw mod. Just recalibrate the sticks with them on. This will re-register you new max positions.

Also, the new firmware allows more range in yaw adjustments. Drop the rudder sensitivity in EXPO settings down to 0.2 and this will slow down yaw rates for finite controls.

There is also a Custom Mode where you can change stick functions. Those require CSC's of up and out and down and in or vice versa depending on the configurations.
Well, have to remember not to use those configs. Thanks.

Well, have to remember not to use those configs. Thanks.
Someone on the forum wanted to change them and couldn't get his to start with the CSC.. So I went in and found out that if you use the custom settings and switch the stick commands the CSC is a radically different position.

You can still use the $2 Yaw mod. Just recalibrate the sticks with them on. This will re-register you new max positions.

Also, the new firmware allows more range in yaw adjustments. Drop the rudder sensitivity in EXPO settings down to 0.2 and this will slow down yaw rates for finite controls.

I tried that with the yaw controller many times and still a no go after...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31