Unable to play video file

Reaction score
Last night i had recorded 9 clips by my PV2 and file name"DJI00004" isn't playing in any player and showing incorrect modified date of 01-Jan-08 and its has its full size of 524Mb
Help me Please

If it is the last thing you filmed you may have turned off the P2V before it was finalised. Put your SD card back in the camera, tun on the Phantom for 30 seconds and then turn it off again. This will allow the video to be finalised, then test again on your PC.

Seahorse said:
If it is the last thing you filmed you may have turned off the P2V before it was finalised. Put your SD card back in the camera, tun on the Phantom for 30 seconds and then turn it off again. This will allow the video to be finalised, then test again on your PC.
It was 4th clip from 9 clips was recorded all the clips has been played but it will unable to play and i have stopped recording before turning off the PV2

Seahorse said:
Your method isn't working

It's not the last so that does not work. I don't know if there is a method to recover, but you could try saving all the other clips off and leave only the broken one on the SD card and then see if turning Phantom on and off fixes it? I have not tried this method or experienced a clip going wrong in the middle of filming, but it might work.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

As above post, I have inserted the card in the camera and using the app verified that the video was working using the app and then using the app, transferred the video or finalized (can't remember what it was called) and after that, it worked just fine using the card in the computer. If it doesn't work in the app also, well, just don't know. I have had a few however, that worked in the app but not in the computer using the card but recovered them all using the app.

I was having a problem when filming at 60 fps
1080 30 fps and no problems don't know if that what you did but thought id mention it.

mr_3_0_5 said:
I was having a problem when filming at 60 fps
1080 30 fps and no problems don't know if that what you did but thought id mention it.
That video setting on P2V is INTERLACED only (1080i60). INTERLACED video - any speed - is incompatible with Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad). So any video shot on the P2V at 1080i60 will NOT play on - or even transfer to - an iOS device. This is not a DJI issue, it is a deliberate design choice by Apple - they only support Progressive Video on those devices, period.

Also, please be aware 1080i60 is NOT 60 frames per second (you wrote "60 fps" above). It's 60 "half frames" per second, which ends up getting displayed as 1080p30 anyway on most devices - if they can even play it at all (unlike Apple).

There's almost no good reason to ever choose 1080i60. 1080p30 is almost always preferable, and far more compatible.

jimre said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
There's almost no good reason to ever choose 1080i60. 1080p30 is almost always preferable, and far more compatible.

There are in fact several good reasons to chose it, the first being smoother recordings for slow motion, and potentially steadier recordings on bumpy flights.

The only people with compatibility issues are those in the Apple walled garden, though I suspect a few technically savvy ones are capable of over coming the issue by using the relevant software.

Seahorse said:
jimre said:
mr_3_0_5 said:

There are in fact several good reasons to chose it, the first being smoother recordings for slow motion, and potentially steadier recordings on bumpy flights.

The only people with compatibility issues are those in the Apple walled garden, though I suspect a few technically savvy ones are capable of over coming the issue by using the relevant software.
I used to think 1080i60 would make for better slow-motion source material, but it seems opinion is divided on that. Many people, myself included, now think that 720p60 is the better choice for slow-mo - even if you have to up-scale it to 1080p - because of interlaced motion artifacts. Obviously 1080p60 would be the best choice, but the P2V doesn't have that option.

As for "potentially steadier recordings on bumpy flights" - I'm quite skeptical. Perhaps *if* you are experiencing CMOS rolling-shutter (aka "jello") at 30p caused by prop vibrations - then 60i *might* help in some cases, by doubling the top-to-bottom video scan rate in relation to the prop-vibration frequency. But so far I've seen little or no evidence of prop vibration on the P2V, and little need to balance my props.

dastagg said:
As above post, I have inserted the card in the camera and using the app verified that the video was working using the app and then using the app, transferred the video or finalized (can't remember what it was called) and after that, it worked just fine using the card in the computer. If it doesn't work in the app also, well, just don't know. I have had a few however, that worked in the app but not in the computer using the card but recovered them all using the app.
i have many files corrupted and all of that having modified date of "1 jan 2008 12:00 PM"
I am unable to understand about corrupting of video files and automatically changing of date

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl