Unable to play footage

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm new here and was hoping someone could tell me why none of my videos are able to play on anything. I can't play any of the videos I've recorded on either my phone or laptop except for one app I've found that will play the videos on my android phone after searching for a while. No social media site can upload the videos either and idk why. I've tried changing the resolution and pretty much any setting that has to do with the camera and recorded a video about 5 sec long on each different resolution setting but still no luck. Anyone have the same problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-04-10-50-42.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-04-10-50-42.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 421
  • 2017-01-04 11.22.07.png
    2017-01-04 11.22.07.png
    758.7 KB · Views: 297
Send us the actual file specifics that you are recording which will not play and somebody will figure it out. IE: what for instance is the file type? It should be named something like DJI_001.MP4 or .MOV.

This is what it shows.

Attachments

• 2017-01-04 11.22.07.png
    2017-01-04 11.22.07.png
    758.7 KB · Views: 242
OK so you are recording in regular MPEG4 (MP4) which is very common. Have you tried playing it on a regular computer? I am using Windows 7 with Media Player 12 and record the same on my P3A and they play fine.

Are you removing the SD card from your drone and getting the videos off it?
That is where your real videos are stored. I believe another copy of the video is stored on your phone or something, but I never bother with them.

Hey guys, i'm new here and was hoping someone could tell me why none of my videos are able to play on anything. I can't play any of the videos I've recorded on either my phone or laptop except for one app I've found that will play the videos on my android phone after searching for a while. No social media site can upload the videos either and idk why. I've tried changing the resolution and pretty much any setting that has to do with the camera and recorded a video about 5 sec long on each different resolution setting but still no luck. Anyone have the same problem?
Are you stopping the recording before shutting off the drone? I know I have accidentally done this once and the file is corrupted.

Are you stopping the recording before shutting off the drone? I know I have accidentally done this once and the file is corrupted.
Yep, i even tried pressing record and stop a few times in a row and made a few videos like 5 sec long but wont play.

OK so you are recording in regular MPEG4 (MP4) which is very common. Have you tried playing it on a regular computer? I am using Windows 7 with Media Player 12 and record the same on my P3A and they play fine.
Yeah i tried it on my new laptop i just got with windows 10 and i cant remember the video players name but ill try on the one you have if i can get it and yes i just get the videos off the micro sd card because everytime i try to see them on the DJI Vision app it just crashes which i see many ppl have the same problem and maybe if the app didnt do that it would work because you're supposed to be able to share them on social media from the app.

I had this problem ... thanks to J Dot he fixed it for me... I'm not saying it is the same problem but worth a go .... in the app ur using check the video / camera settings ... in the last update it changed it from 1080p to 1080i that's when my problem started... check urs and if it is showing 1080i change it back (finger crossed and good luck!)

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your SD card may be the issue, it needs to be a good quality card.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers