Unable to get into GPS mode

Reaction score
After trying for a week, I have come to the conclusion that the GPS on my V2+ is not working. I have never once gotten the LED lights to turn green. I have tried in NAZA and Phantom mode. I have taken my craft to the top of a mountain near my home and waited up to 20 minutes for it to lock on to 6 satellites or more. I've tried it in a wide open field near my home on a crystal clear day also.

In NAZA-M mode, I get the green-red-red-red, and in Phantom mode I get the flashing yellow LEDs. I've tried the tinfoil mod and that did not help. I have the camera off the craft until I learn how to fly it properly, but from what I understand, that does not make a difference in getting into GPS mode. I have the S1 and S2 switches in the correct positions to get to GPS mode.

Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?

So are you saying that you can't ever get a lock on 6+ satellites? Are you getting ANY satellites found when you power up? If you are getting some satellites, then maybe your problem is your area or time you've been trying to fly? The disconnected camera might be a problem but I don't know either.

Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will reply.

never gotten 6 satellites or more. BTW, before I disconnected the camera, the same thing was happening. Either way, I have never seen the rear LEDs either solid green, or even flashing green.

when using the DJI vision app, I have never even seen the satellite icon light up blue like the others, it stays gray. So it doesn't look like I have any satellites locked.

Jstic said:
After trying for a week, I have come to the conclusion that the GPS on my V2+ is not working. I have never once gotten the LED lights to turn green. I have tried in NAZA and Phantom mode. I have taken my craft to the top of a mountain near my home and waited up to 20 minutes for it to lock on to 6 satellites or more. I've tried it in a wide open field near my home on a crystal clear day also.

In NAZA-M mode, I get the green-red-red-red, and in Phantom mode I get the flashing yellow LEDs. I've tried the tinfoil mod and that did not help. I have the camera off the craft until I learn how to fly it properly, but from what I understand, that does not make a difference in getting into GPS mode. I have the S1 and S2 switches in the correct positions to get to GPS mode.

Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?

Quite interesting you weren't confident enough to fly it with the camera on it but had the balls to take the camera off. This thing practically flies itself. Should be extremely easy to fly for an 8 year old. with that said, I would say you damaged something taking it off or you just got a bum Phantom. Return it.

Jstic said:
when using the DJI vision app, I have never even seen the satellite icon light up blue like the others, it stays gray. So it doesn't look like I have any satellites locked.

Ok, that is strange. Even if you don't get 6+ sats and the icon is greyed out, it should still show the number of sats you have locked in.

Again, hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in to help.

I've notice that a lot of times it seems like I wont get green lights until I connect with the vision app.

Ultimately, this came down to a bad GPS unit. I took the GPS unit out of my second PV2+ and put it in this one. Fired right up green after 20 seconds. Put the "bad" GPS unit in my good PV2+ and got nothing but yellow blinking LEDs no matter what and no matter after how long I waited. I tried everything, tin foil mod, IMU calibration, compass calibration, went to the top of a mountain near my home. The GPS module was BAD, period.

I see this topic for the first time.
If you have no sats @ all even when its grayed in the app the gps module is broken.
Check if the antenna on that module is still ok.
Its that ceramics block on the other side of the components and is a square of 25mm.
If that is cracked ( can happen after a crash ) then it can be replaced cheap. You don't need to buy a whole GPS module because thats expensive.
If its still under warranty, try that way first.

I took the GPS module out and went over it with a fine tooth comb, and a magnifying glass. There were NO cracks or damage to the ceramic antenna, there were NO loose or missing resistors or other electrical components. All the solder joints looked fine. I even did continuity checks on the lead wires from the connector back to the puck, and all checked out. So unfortunately, there was no other choice but to get a new GPS module. This was confirmed by DJI. And yes, DJI covered it under warranty.

Jstic said:
I took the GPS module out and went over it with a fine tooth comb, and a magnifying glass. There were NO cracks or damage to the ceramic antenna, there were NO loose or missing resistors or other electrical components. All the solder joints looked fine. I even did continuity checks on the lead wires from the connector back to the puck, and all checked out. So unfortunately, there was no other choice but to get a new GPS module. This was confirmed by DJI. And yes, DJI covered it under warranty.

Good to hear that, thanks for the feedback.

Jstic said:

Wow it been a long time since you've been in the air.

smaugnaut said:
Jstic said:

Wow it been a long time since you've been in the air.

Not really, I have two Vision +, other one has been perfect although not flown much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic