Unable to download driver

Reaction score
Help!! And sorry if I missed any previous posts.
I have a Phantom Vision 2+ v3. I got a new computer with windows 8.1
After having a hard time finding the driver on the new (disregard) the PV2+v3 webpage. I tried to download it. Got to where the folders transfer from left to right and message says unable to download, error. Turned off Firewall and the same thing. I did download the Assistant and the RC assistant but obviously they won't work without the driver properly installed
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Jack

If you have a friend you can have him email the driver as an attachment and you can extract it and install it then. It should be a small enough file that that should work. If you can't get someone just holler.

I'll try that. I have the driver on my desktop. So I will email it to myself and check it out. Thanks!

RoyVa. That didnt work. I get the black installer downliaded to my desktop. But when i click it it asked for language, then plug in quad and turn on, then when the install box comes up and I click downliad, thats when it say unable to install.

I know you are running Win 8.1, but I just installed the P2 software on a Windows 7 box about an hour ago. Attached the Vision+, powered on & waited for the "Hardware connected" ding. Ran the driver installer, selected English, waited until it asked me to approve unverified software driver, done deal. What is the reason it is giving for not being able to install?

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr
You may have to temporarily shut off you anti-virus program. Also right click on the Windows driver and do the run as administrator to install. Should install then.

I did turn off all the virus protection. And Dirty Bird. I get to the point where it shows folder transferring. Does that for like 10 secs. Then a dialog box comes up and say installation failed. Thats it.

Try to...Save file first to your computer. Right click on the file and run as adminstrator.

Hi

I installed window 8.1 operating system on my laptop recently. same like that my laptop also the folders transfer from left to right and message says unable to work because drivers are unable to install on my laptop.then I searched in google and reinstall the drivers .now my laptop is working good and it getting better performance. I hope if you install the drivers then get better performance.
thank you.

Just POSTED UNDER Phantom 2 Vision Plus HELP something might help u with the DRIVER issues. It worked for me. GREAT U TUBE VIDEO. Good Luck.

You need to Disable driver signature enforcement. To do this you need to:
First off you need to enable installation of unsigned drivers.
Hold down the SHIFT key while you click Restart.
Once your computer has rebooted you will be able to choose the Troubleshoot option.
Then head into Advanced options.
Then Startup Settings.
“Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, You will need to press the F7 key.
Once your computer Starts back up you have to manually install the driver. Plug your dji device into the computer "supply power from a battery" and open device manager.
You should see your device listed under ports as "USB Serial Device (COM##)".
Now right click that device and click properties and under the Drivers Tab Click Update Driver.
Then Click the "Have Disk..." Button.
Then Browse to this directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64
And Select The Dji Driver "dji_vcom_driver11.inf" and hit Open then OK
Hit Next and allow windows to install the driver software anyway.
This worked for me and I have windows 8.1. Good Luck!

You need to Disable driver signature enforcement. To do this you need to:
First off you need to enable installation of unsigned drivers.
Hold down the SHIFT key while you click Restart.
Once your computer has rebooted you will be able to choose the Troubleshoot option.
Then head into Advanced options.
Then Startup Settings.
“Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, You will need to press the F7 key.
Once your computer Starts back up you have to manually install the driver. Plug your dji device into the computer "supply power from a battery" and open device manager.
You should see your device listed under ports as "USB Serial Device (COM##)".
Now right click that device and click properties and under the Drivers Tab Click Update Driver.
Then Click the "Have Disk..." Button.
Then Browse to this directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64
And Select The Dji Driver "dji_vcom_driver11.inf" and hit Open then OK
Hit Next and allow windows to install the driver software anyway.
This worked for me and I have windows 8.1. Good Luck!

I had a similar issue and fix on windows 10, thing was the standard USB com port worked fine for the quad but I had to change it as per your post to the DJI one for the transmitter to connect

by Painless 360. EXCELLENT VIDEO!

"RC QUICK TIPS"
Loading Naza/Dji drivers in Windows 8 & 10
This will walk u STEP BY STEP W visual u can pause/replay as needed. Suggest watch 1st then do it together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers