Unable to connect Phantom to Nazam software

Reaction score
So, finally assembled my gimbal (FY-G3) last night. Tried to connect the Phantom to enable it and it's just not connecting. Now, I've just gotten the Phantom and have NOT run the software before.

I've tried following the instructions EXACTLY and still no connection.

Anyone experience this and have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Did you download and run the drivers ?

Any other suggestions? Frustrating. On hold with Phantom NA and I'm currently caller number 24. I WAS on hold before but got dropped at caller number 20.

I just noticed you mentioned the "NAZA M software"....are you trying P2 version of that?

The "Phantom 2 Assistant Software" is similar to "NAZA-M Assistant software" but only the former will work with the P2.

OI Photography said:
I just noticed you mentioned the "NAZA M software"....are you trying P2 version of that?

The "Phantom 2 Assistant Software" is similar to "NAZA-M Assistant software" but only the former will work with the P2.
I downloaded Naza-M Assistant Software v2.20 and DJI WIN Driver Installer from the Phantom website.

GadgetRick said:
OI Photography said:

I downloaded Naza-M Assistant Software v2.20 and DJI WIN Driver Installer from the Phantom website.

You have a Phantom 2 right? That's the software for the original Phantom (aka Phantom 1 or P1).

The stuff you need is on this page: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Halfway down there is "Phantom 2 Assistant Software v2.00"...here's the direct link: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... _v2.00.zip

Note: the DJI WIN driver is the same for all Phantoms, you won't need to DL/install that again, just the Assistant software.

OI Photography said:
GadgetRick said:
OI Photography said:

You have a Phantom 2 right? That's the software for the original Phantom (aka Phantom 1 or P1).

The stuff you need is on this page: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Halfway down there is "Phantom 2 Assistant Software v2.00"...here's the direct link: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... _v2.00.zip

Note: the DJI WIN driver is the same for all Phantoms, you won't need to DL/install that again, just the Assistant software.
No, I have a Phantom 1.

GadgetRick said:
No, I have a Phantom 1.

Ahhhh ok, this in the P2 section so I assumed that's what you have.

In the P1, the USB cable (grey) and port inside the Phantom can be very finicky about connecting. You may need to wiggle the cable in the port, or even replace the cable (which is what I had to do in the end). When you have a good connection to the PC, the LED will glow green...if it's plugged in but not recognized by the PC, it will glow a very very soft green.

OI Photography said:
GadgetRick said:
No, I have a Phantom 1.

Ahhhh ok, this in the P2 section so I assumed that's what you have.

In the P1, the USB cable (grey) and port inside the Phantom can be very finicky about connecting. You may need to wiggle the cable in the port, or even replace the cable (which is what I had to do in the end). When you have a good connection to the PC, the LED will glow green...if it's plugged in but not recognized by the PC, it will glow a very very soft green.
Didn't mean to mis-post (wrong area).

It is glowing a soft green. I've played with the plug but will have to play around some more.

Thanks for the suggestions.

What version of Windows?

I've got two PCs - one desktop and the other a small notebook running TinyXP and I've been unable to get the Phantom recognized on either machine (works fine on my legit XP desktop and Windows 7 desktop). TinyXP is a stripped down version of XP and I believe it doesn't come with the full set of Windows drivers (or I think you get to choose that option when installing it) - so I assume this is why I can't get the Phantom connected to either of those PCs.

Just thought I'd mention it... just in case.

Jebus said:
What version of Windows?

I've got two PCs - one desktop and the other a small notebook running TinyXP and I've been unable to get the Phantom recognized on either machine (works fine on my legit XP desktop and Windows 7 desktop). TinyXP is a stripped down version of XP and I believe it doesn't come with the full set of Windows drivers (or I think you get to choose that option when installing it) - so I assume this is why I can't get the Phantom connected to either of those PCs.

Just thought I'd mention it... just in case.
Thanks for the info.

Actually finally just got it working. Waited on hold FOREVER for the Phantom people here in NA. What they said didn't work but I got it working on my own. Here's what I did:

1. Install the Nazam Software Assistant.
2. Connect Phantom to computer and power up copter and transmitter (not sure if the order matters or not).
3. Install drivers.

The guy on the phone said I'd have to power cycle the copter but I didn't have to. It just connected once the drivers were installed.

Thanks for everyone trying to help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4