Unable To Access Intelligent Flight Mode

Reaction score
I have Upgraded To the Latest Firmware, v1.8.80 for the Phantom 3 Pro and the firmware on the remote.

Before Takeoff I have selected Multiple Flight Mode on , Beginner Mode Off, Maximum altitude set to 300.

When I takeoff I go about 40 feet away and about 80 feet high. I then select Function mode but do not get either the IOC menu nor the Icon on the top of the DJI go App. This also happened on the previous firmware.

Not sure what I am doing wrong??

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar thing happen on the last update with a p3a. I now have an icon on the right side of the screen (to the upper left of the camera menu). It is not in the border area, it's on the screen. If you have it there just select it and the IOC functions will appear across the bottom.

This is what it looks like
Screenshot_20160325-120745.png

Have you checked to see whether you get the icon when your p3 is airborne above 10m?

Have you checked to see whether you get the icon when your p3 is airborne above 10m?

Thanks for your help relic. I tried it again today and I was about 5o feet distance and 40 feet in height and was not able to get either icon to show up. The interesting thing is that when I set Multiple Flight mode on before departure I get no icons. I then tried putting it in function mode and turning Multiple Flight mode off then on again I get a banner that pops up asking if I want Multiple Flight mode on , I select yes and I get no icons or anything. Very strange.

It seems that you're setting everything up properly and the problem may be in your software. I would contact dji support and explain the situation. Include screenshots to support your explanation. Sorry we couldn't resolve your problem. Lots of luck with it.

It seems that you're setting everything up properly and the problem may be in your software. I would contact dji support and explain the situation. Include screenshots to support your explanation. Sorry we couldn't resolve your problem. Lots of luck with it.

Thanks relic for giving it a try , I will contact DJI and see if they can help.

Tcope,
I tried your suggestions but still did not work. no icons.
Thanks.

Does no one think this may be a DJI Go app issue?
It's a simple thing to try, and I'd suggest the following, if android.
Go into app manager, and clear the Go app cache, then force close (stop) the app.
Do NOT "clear data"
Un-install the Go app.
Turn off the device and leave it off for a minute.
Turn it on and re-install the Go app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem accessing intelligent flight mode! Have upgraded the aircraft, controller and reinstalled the go app and can not get the menu for IFM. Have even tried it in the simulator and it does the same thing there! Any one got any solutions yet?

Well now I feel like an idiot! I think I have solved this problem. On the left side of the screen there is an icon that looks like two triangles over one another( they are just below the RTH icon). Clicked on them and got a disclaimer message and after accepting that I got the intelligent flight mode menu on the bottom of the screen. This was in simulator mode as it is raining outside so I haven't had a chance to actually fly it yet but I feel confident that's the problem!

Reactions: Blupie
Well, This is the info I just received from DGI. They are aware of this issue with the P3P and are working on it. He had no timeframe. He was a little vague when I asked if these IOC features are definitely coming back. Not sure what to make of that.

Sorry it took me so long to try your solution flywindy. Just as flywindy posted ,when you go into F mode , on the left side of the DJI go app an icon with 2 triangles pops up. Select this icon and all the intelligent flight modes appear at the bottom of the DJI go app. This worked for me.
To be honest I'm not sure why the DJI representative could not tell me this and ended up telling me for now there was no fix but there working on it???

Sorry it took me so long to try your solution flywindy. Just as flywindy posted ,when you go into F mode , on the left side of the DJI go app an icon with 2 triangles pops up. Select this icon and all the intelligent flight modes appear at the bottom of the DJI go app. This worked for me.
To be honest I'm not sure why the DJI representative could not tell me this and ended up telling me for now there was no fix but there working on it???
Not uncommon, if its not in the call centre scripting the representative will say not possible. This isnt a DJI specific issue.

A little late here, but this may help others..

Perhaps its the tablet / phone? Reason I say this is I have a Galaxy S5 phone, and everything works perfect, get the modes, everything.. I also have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (not on DJI's list, but its listed on phantomhelp as working), and I had to sideload the app, and it works fine, just no intelligent modes at all..

In my case I think its the tablet, even though the rest of the DJI Go app works perfectly..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik