Un used wire ?

Reaction score
Hi guys , whilst fitting my futaba rx the other night I noticed this wire , it's not connected an looks like it isn't used ?

Phantom work great with new futaba t8 , apart from no throttle spring so few near crash landings :lol:

Anyway what is the wire used for ? It's thin double one at the top right on the board ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 571
I don't have a clue :lol: could well be for FPV , I run my FPV off a separate battery anyway , was worried in case it was something I had caught of trapped .

So I could run my tarot gimbal from that ?

Thanks guys I can relax now knowing what it's for :lol:

Just need too sort a spring now for the throttle on the tx , just can't get used to it not returning to centre position :D

The wire isn't actually specifically for FPV, it's more of an accessory wire which you could use for Gimbal Power, FPV, LED system, anything you like. It's a nice touch I think :)

The red/grey wire is for 12volt accessories, and can be very handy. I terminated mine in a standard white 4pin female plug, and added a switch, so you can power up your fpv transmitter, gimbal and even your running lights without connecting and reconnecting plugs, works a treat.

Check the power the gimbal is drawing as the wires are thin and there have been reports of the wiring melting. There's a post somewhere on this forum to that effect. I've used my aux power cable to power my FPV TX as is doesn't draw too much current.

Yes now you mentioned it, I remember reading that on here regarding the wires catching fire .

Will do as you have or may just use the separate battery I run my FPV off .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31