Un-binding rc or something else the problem?

Reaction score
I notice lately that if I don't fire up my p3a system for a couple weeks or maybe three weeks, when I do I get a beeping from the bird and red flashing lights and no image in the app. It says disconnected at the top if the app. Usually restarting the bird clears it. I thought maybe the sd card might be the culprit, maybe. However if I just fire the system up once a week it has no problem. This only happens for a somewhat prolonged period of not being fired up, although 2 or 3 weeks doesn't seem that long. Anyone else see this behavior?

I fly a p3p, and I've never experienced that before?
I'm wondering if there is an internal battery somewhere, that is not holding a charge? After turning bird on, gives it a mild charge, then when you cycle, now has the juice to boot up properly? I know the gps unit on a p2 has an onboard ( soldered in ) battery for memory.,
So maybe the p3 does as well?

But new one on me.

I do fly a lot, but it has set for over a month before, and no issues.
Keep us updated?

J Dot
:cool:

Here is what I was saying,

image.jpeg

This is an advanced GPS unit. I'm not exactly sure what the battery does, but must be for some kind of memory when phantom battery pack of off, or it would not be there. Just a thought!

J Dot
:cool:

Huh, interesting thought. Not something I'd want to open up the bird over and I wonder if it's a typical consumer battery or something else. I'd have to have strong evidence of that being the problem but a shot battery of some sort does seem plausible.

Huh, ok thanks. Whenever I've had problems of thus glitchy nature it always seems to come down the sd card. I'll try reformatting it and see. It gives a constant double beep on the bird that almost makes me think it's launching a firmware update but I know the bin file is long gone from the card. Weird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik