Ultimate Flight now includes per-waypoint speed setting

Reaction score
The most asked for change is the ability to control the speeds between waypoints and this version now includes the capability. Refer to the documentation for specifics and details for use of newly added features.

Docs: http://www.djiuf.com/v3_documentation.php

Other changes included in the new release:

* Android 6 security support
* Per-waypoint speed
* Multi-select and edit waypoints
* KML behavior change - now supports AGL and ATO altitudes
* Add support for older Android (down to 4.1 from 4.2)
* Panorama includes shutter speed in wait calculation (long exposure panorama support now works)
* Added gimbal pitch to heads-up display
* Added (-) and (+) for editing waypoint and mission values

And for you OSMO fans, the new OSMO 360 app should meet the needs to create full 3D panoramas with your OSNO. More features also being added to it: OSMO 360 Panorama - Android Apps on Google Play

This functionality is out of beta and is in the main app.

As a special thanks, for users; now through the end of July all in-app purchases, including the map overlay feature will be included at no additional cost.

If you don't know what map overlays are; in short, they allow you to save a map area (using for example, Google Earth) and to load that image when you fly. Similar to map cache (which is free and automatic), map overlays never expire like map cache so you don't need to worry about driving to that far away shoot only to find out that Goggle expired the map cache.

Maybe I missed it, but is there a demonstration showing the speed adjust somewhere? Youtube?

Also, is it not yet possible to "2 Finger Zoom with Tick Focus", yet? Btw, most all android phones have the ability I just mentioned. Two fingers will zoom in & out, and zoom app's will "Tick" the focal point before the image is created.

Maybe I missed it, but is there a demonstration showing the speed adjust somewhere? Youtube?

Also, is it not yet possible to "2 Finger Zoom with Tick Focus", yet? Btw, most all android phones have the ability I just mentioned. Two fingers will zoom in & out, and zoom app's will "Tick" the focal point before the image is created.

The per-waypoint speed is in the waypoint's properties and is also described in the documentation (http://djiultimateflight.com/images/DJI Ultimate Flight V3.pdf) on page 49. See image below).

As for pinch-zoom, yes, many Android apps include that but for static images. Live video feeds are more easily done using support of the hardware itself rather than processing the video stream. As far as I am aware DJI doesn't support zoom except in OSMO but when they support is in aircraft cameras I would add it at that time. For zoom I use 1-finger triple-tap; this is an Android feature that can zoom the screen (live vide feed included) but that cannot be controlled via SDK so it's something the user would need to enable.

What do you mean by "Tick Focus", I'm not familiar with the term?

upload_2016-6-25_10-42-27.png

The per-waypoint speed is in the waypoint's properties and is also described in the documentation (http://djiultimateflight.com/images/DJI Ultimate Flight V3.pdf) on page 49. See image below).

As for pinch-zoom, yes, many Android apps include that but for static images. Live video feeds are more easily done using support of the hardware itself rather than processing the video stream. As far as I am aware DJI doesn't support zoom except in OSMO but when they support is in aircraft cameras I would add it at that time. For zoom I use 1-finger triple-tap; this is an Android feature that can zoom the screen (live vide feed included) but that cannot be controlled via SDK so it's something the user would need to enable.

What do you mean by "Tick Focus", I'm not familiar with the term?

View attachment 58157
@kenargo,

So when you add a feature to your app, is it common for litchi to do the same before the end of the same day, or?

I don't allow any app's to auto update on any device I own except the wifes phone cause not always does what matters to me matters to her, if you know what I mean. Anyhow I thought I would check what the updates were on my phone before responding here and before I get scrolled up to where your newest update was, I run into the litchi update and it is the same or similar to what you have post here. They mention this is only able to be done if the aircraft is in range of the R/C.

So does the SDK now read the R/C data? The GO app only reads the Stick Function and that is probly taken from the aircraft input rather then what is transmitted from the R/C.

The "Tick" is something I've seen image software refer to on occasion. If you are watching a "Tick" take place you will see the image will be blurry and suddenly it will become clear and in focus. They call that event, a "Tick". I suppose when you see it happen, they want you to know at that point you are seeing the software's best ability to focus on what you see.

Actually, it's been in my app for about a week but yes, it's very common that things I add suddenly get moved to the top of Litchi's list to add. It's been this way since they first released and that's why I no longer discuss what's coming until I'm done.

Actually, it's been in my app for about a week but yes, it's very common that things I add suddenly get moved to the top of Litchi's list to add. It's been this way since they first released and that's why I no longer discuss what's coming until I'm done.

@kenargo,

That's kind of what I thought.

Does your app still have a logged flight data? And if so, who's converter does the data names favor?

@kenargo,

That's kind of what I thought.

Does your app still have a logged flight data? And if so, who's converter does the data names favor?

Yes, the logger is still in the app. The logs are compatible with Heathy Drones, Drone Log book as well with some older standards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic