Uk sales of goods act if pv 2 flys away Etc.

Reaction score
Not sure about other countries but uk law ( The sales of goods act ) covers purchases.

I am still concerned about flyaways Etc ( so if its not pilot error ) and pv 2 decides to fly off, there may be a claim under the sales of goods act 1979 - There are many things in the act but it states this

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

Fit for purpose means both their everyday purpose, and also any specific purpose that you agreed with the seller (for example, if you specifically asked for a printer that would be compatible with your computer)

Goods sold must also match any sample you were shown in-store, or any description in a brochure.

Dji include alot of headlines etc on there website one being -

Precision Flight and Stable Hovering

The integrated GPS auto-pilot system offers position holding, provides altitude lock along with stable hovering giving you constant stable flights so you can focus on getting the shots.

Although I am very new to the hobby - I am aware that it has is risks - what goes up, must come down ( somehow )

Thought it might be worth sharing, it doesnt harm to have the info.

The issue you might have is if you had no evidence of uncommanded behaviour. Otherwise you could have just flown it like a pratt and flown it into the ground. Always good to have the camera recording during flights even if you don't intend to use the footage. Also might pay to be able to show you have pre-flight checklists, fly in appropriate areas away from interference, etc - basically everything it state you should be doing in the manual.

Don't forget, though, that RC flying of any sort carries the risk of a total loss for a whole variety of reasons. There's a reason why you can always get spares for anything RC!

I agree, may be a good idea to record pre flight checks and each flight, at least you have some evidence that you have done all you can,

however I would suggest that with the number of reports of flyaways online if the worse happens it could all be used as part of the claim.

It cant all be pilot error

US law is similar. Each state has enacted its version of the UCC. What you are describing is the "implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for the intended purpose" Frankly, if the device does not perform as represented to no fault of the user, there is a possible claim. Then the manufacturer would have to prove that the failure or flyaway was due to things other than under manufacturer control or design defect. Tough one to prove by a manufacturer when you have so many reported cases.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers