UK Prop Balancing Rod's Here!

Reaction score
In case anyone out there in UK land wants a nice easy way to check if their props are balanced... I just bought a prop balancing rod from a really nice guy on eBay who makes and sells them and it wasn't too expensive at £7 including shipping.

He sent it to me almost immediately after I clicked pay now! - and then emailed a picture of the packet just before he popped it in the mail. I received it the very next day!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-Phantom-1 ... 20f80298e6

Thanks for the link Fourblade, its good to see something for us here in the uk. Always thought about checking if the props are balanced correctly so now is a good time. :D
Now i just need to buy a balancer, i hear dubro is the best? Can i ask which one you use? I take it you just use a very fine sandpaper to sand down the heavy side?
I see in one of the videos he is balancing the rod on a level tin can which would work but i prefer a dedicated balancer.
Thanks again.

I'd like to say I've spent a fortune on a state of the art hi-tech brushed aluminium top of the range Du-Bro balancer..... but for now I'm just going to use a tin of beans :lol:

I plan on checking my props this evening and if any of them do need sanding I'll just use a fine gauge paper.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know the best way to balance the props, very fine sandpaper or tape? can't seem to find the tape anywhere here in the uk.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic