UK liability insurance

Reaction score
whos got it and what, where does it cover you to fly ?
im not a member of any clubs as they dont like quads round here so i cant join the gang so i tend to fly over parks or open farm land
id like to think i fly responsibly but just wanted peace of mind in case it decides to fly away and does some damage and the blame claim sets in

rob

i joined this to get the liability insurance http://www.fpvuk.org/store/, i believe that is all thats covered & no theft or loss etc

+2

It's not a club as such, just a lobbying group and source of cheap insurance.

I gather you can also drive miniature steam trains and traction engines on the same policy...

You can use the BMFA for £32 a year they cover you for any liability that isnt your fault, in fact they actually say that if it is your fault just say it isnt and let the third party prove other wise (at least thats what it reads in between the lines)

As with all Liability policies, the other party would have to prove you were negligent (Which you cannot insure against) to prevent a payout.

So what they are saying is that if you crashed because of something you did (For instance, a prop flew off because you did not fully tighten it, but not because you knew the thread was stripped and flew anyway, that would be covered - I think! Negligence is basically a systemic failure or a deliberate act. You knew something was wrong but carried on anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20