Reaction score
In recent news, we've been informed that the UK is planning on introducing tougher regulations and are set to milk the cash cow here.

The reason for this tyrannical line the government are about to go down is partially idiot drone pilots monging it.

Is there a sort of UK drone pressure group/society and if not, should one be established?

Good pilots need to band together, stand up for this hobby (and profession for some) and to educate the human question marks who flout the rules.

Thoughts?

Is there a sort of UK drone pressure group and should one be established?

Good idea, but who is going to run it and finance it? That is always the stumbling point. Its virtually a full time job.

Drone Reg is a good idea but the site seems to have fallen by the wayside and as far as I can see it is not being updated - or at least the map isn't. They don't expect any payment so maybe they found the time demand for running the site is too much.

I don't know of any (although I'm relatively new to the hobby) but I agree with everything you have said above!

If anyone does know any groups or and petitions etc let us know!

Good idea, but who is going to run it and finance it? That is always the stumbling point. Its virtually a full time job.

Drone Reg is a good idea but the site seems to have fallen by the wayside and as far as I can see it is not being updated - or at least the map isn't. They don't expect any payment so maybe they found the time demand for running the site is too much.

It could be funded either by membsership dues or seek grants from local authorities. Something definitely needs done in order to protect drone piloting and to prevent draconian laws passed against it.

Would love to start something but don't have any idea how to go about it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic