UK CAA PFAW

Reaction score
Hi Guys
How many of you have taken the PFAW and how did you get on with the ops manual?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm currently going thru the process ... Done theory and flight tests, just the ops manual to complete.... I say 'just'...

Answering an old post. I've got a PFAW. My ops manual has 74 Pages! It took me quite a while to write it, but following the guidelines from the NQE and getting web help from the instructors to make it good, it worked and was accepted first time. But what a pain! You have to show how safe you are as well as knowing your machine enough to explain your take off Landing routines and emergency procedures etc.
I renewed my PFAW this year with the same Ops manual but I will have to revise it next year. I took my course with Resource group. These guys have a "military" approach of it, in the sense that everything is procedure and nothing is random or overlooked. when I passed the exam it was not entirely MCQ (if at all), meaning that you really answer the questions. Everybody passed. The CAA is quite slow to answer, they allow themselves up to 8 weeks to give you your PFAW... Then they 're slow for everything.

Can I ask the reason for revising it next year? Is it that your procedures have changed or that the CAA insist on it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4