UgCS and the Sun???

Reaction score
Very new to the Phantom, just got a P3 Advanced.

I was out playing with UgCS in a ball field this afternoon, in an attempt to try out some automated flight plans.

It was late in the day and the sun was quite low. The P3 would follow the plan up until it had to turn and face into the sun, then it would just stop and go into a hover.

I tried 3 or 4 different plans all doing the same thing until I clued in what was going on, so I built a new plan but kept the front facing away the entire flight. It worked.

Is there a sensor on the front of the P3 Adv that would get blinded by the sun and cause it to stop and hover???

Any help or input is appreciated.

Thanks

dax

Hi, how far from you was point when Phantom switched to hover? I think that problem was not in sun. It lost connection with RC controller and switched to failsafe. When you changed Phantom orientation, you changed antennas orientation too.

The issue ended up being with the aircraft itself. It had to go back to DJI under warranty 3 times for them to resolve the issue with it. I haven't got it back, from the 3rd return so I'm not sure what the issue was in the end, but they have assured me they tested it and it functions fine.

Just a coincidence with the angle it turned. The key indicator that there was an issue was it would not hold a POI in the DJI Go app. Instead of orbiting it would "GPS Error" and then fly away in a straight line.
Multiple compass errors, and Low GPS signal errors as well.

Will see if they got it fixed this time.

It's sad story.
We have a huge fleet of DJI drones (may be 20 drones) and experienced problems with two of them. One Phantom 2 crash because of bad soldering and one fly-away of S900 with WKM (we don't know reason because we didn't find it). In general they are quite robust.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4