UCONN: The View from Above

Reaction score
This was just released from UCONN last week, and was very nicely done:

http://youtu.be/XxmS1lUYk0A

My daughter attended the freshman candlelight Convocation (the last scene in the video), and she recognized that it was a phantom drone overhead that filmed the event.

Didnt the FAA drag some poor guy into court for shooting a drone video just like this at Univ. of Virginia ??

Some FAA creep will be mailing out a certified letter to UConn in a couple days after watching this. Bet on it.

Viewed this yesterday and now today it has been made "Private". FAA on the trail, perhaps.

Buk said:
Viewed this yesterday and now today it has been made "Private". FAA on the trail, perhaps.

UCONN is in Storrs CT (main campus), which is in the middle of farmland and not even close to any airports. What beef would the FAA have with UCONN over mostly low altitude drone shots in a remote area at least 25 miles from an airport?

I have to admit that it's odd that the YouTube version suddenly went private; however, the vimeo version is still up last time I checked, and can be found here:

http://vimeo.com/105910202

Hopefully this won't be taken down next.

shadowband said:
What beef would the FAA have with UCONN over mostly low altitude drone shots in a remote area at least 25 miles from an airport?

Commercial use.

And it might just be me but I don't find this well shot. Don't get me wrong some of the shots are nice but camera is constantly off on weird angles or suffering from jello and prop shutter problems.

I liked the 3D tracked title at the start but shot at 1:02 has a pretty rough sky replacement in it that's not tracked properly and causes shadows on ground relative to sun to be way off.

The idea of the circles at the end was quite cool though.

Sorry maybe I'm being too picky here, hope I haven't offended anyway

Oops...Vimeo taken down too! Let's see, commercial use, flying over crowds in a populated area, flying too close to buildings, and flying after dark. I'm guessing FAA's list would go on and on.

Buk said:
Oops...Vimeo taken down too! Let's see, commercial use, flying over crowds in a populated area, flying too close to buildings, and flying after dark. I'm guessing FAA's list would go on and on.

Evil Empire strikes back! :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik