UAVdirect.com Great service!

Reaction score
EDIT: UAVDIRECT called me and resolved this and even made it sweeter.
I will be giving them more business and I highly recommend them.

heads up when buying from UAVdirect.com
I purchased several items from them and one item was an FPV monitor mount.
Today everything was delivered. All was good with the eXception of the mount.
It was similar but far less substantial than the one pictured in the ad.
Also no instruction. Item was dumped in a bag with mismatched screws and nuts that did not fit correctly.
http://www.uavdirect.com/FPV-Monitor-Mount-p/fpv-mmb.htm

Re: UAVdirect.com Not good service!

Just got my phantom 2 vision back from them today from having it worked on, I have had nothing but good fast service from them.

brizey said:
Just got my phantom 2 vision back from them today from having it worked on, I have had nothing but good fast service from them.
My order came fast.
Problem is they sent me something that is not the same quality and size as what the ad.

Brackets on the ad showed aluminum threaded hardware.
They sent me bent steel brackets and lock nuts,
Ad showed a bracket that was and inch or better larger and had more mounting options.

It's only $15 bucks, but I'm picky about things like this!

I have that exact monitor mount, purchased from a different source (it's widely available), and the hardware I received is exactly what's pictured in that ad. This could quite possibly just be a case of the manufacturer slipping in cheaper parts at some point without telling the distributors...UAVDirect might not even know it happened. I've had that happen on more than one occasion when the part was a common item sourced from China like this one, and in each case the dealer(s) made it right once I notified them. In one case, they were able to ship me a replacement, and in the other they refunded me and cleared their inventory of the remaining altered items.

I've never done business with UAVDirect but they seem to have a decent reputation, see what they say when you let them know about the discrepancies you found. They might need a pic, but I'd start there if I were you.

Skipholiday said:
heads up when buying from UAVdirect.com
I purchased several items from them and one item was an FPV monitor mount.
Today everything was delivered. All was good with the eXception of the mount.
It was similar but far less substantial than the one pictured in the ad.
Also no instruction. Item was dumped in a bag with mismatched screws and nuts that did not fit correctly.
http://www.uavdirect.com/FPV-Monitor-Mount-p/fpv-mmb.htm

You might try contacting them - they're reputation is pretty good - they should resolve any issue you have.

OI Photography said:
I have that exact monitor mount, just purchased from a different source (it's widely available), and the hardware I received is exactly what's pictured in that ad. This could quite possibly just be a case of the manufacturer slipping in cheaper parts at some point without telling the distributors...UAVDirect might not even know it happened. I've had that happen on more than one occasion when the part was a common item sourced from China like this one, and in each case the dealer(s) made it right once I notified them. In once case, they were able to ship me a replacement, and in the other they refunded me and cleared their inventory of the remaining altered items.

I've never done business with UAVDirect but they seem to have a decent reputation, see what they say when you let them know about the discrepancies you found. They might need a pic, but I'd start there if I were you.
Thank you for the reply. I've called them twice, emailed them once and posted on their FB page.
No response yet. Making it public was not something I wanted to do initially!. BTW I took many pictures.

Skipholiday said:
OI Photography said:
I have that exact monitor mount, just purchased from a different source (it's widely available), and the hardware I received is exactly what's pictured in that ad. This could quite possibly just be a case of the manufacturer slipping in cheaper parts at some point without telling the distributors...UAVDirect might not even know it happened. I've had that happen on more than one occasion when the part was a common item sourced from China like this one, and in each case the dealer(s) made it right once I notified them. In once case, they were able to ship me a replacement, and in the other they refunded me and cleared their inventory of the remaining altered items.

Thank you for the reply. I've called them twice, emailed them once and posted on their FB page.
No response yet. Making it public was not something I wanted to do initially!. BTW I took many pictures.

Sounds good. I'm curious to see what they sent you that was different. To be honest, even with the correct hardware as pictured, the mount is by no means what I would call "substantial." It certainly doesn't look like it'll even hold a battery let alone a monitor and receiver too, and while it does bolt on tight it has a bit too much flex for me to feel comfortable with my 8" display and extras riding on top. I might revisit that when I get an all-in-one monitor (lighter weight, less bulk), but for now my current one stays on the tripod till I find a better option.

OI Photography said:
Skipholiday said:
OI Photography said:

Sounds good. I'm curious to see what they sent you that was different. To be honest, even with the correct hardware as pictured, the mount is by no means what I would call "substantial." It certainly doesn't look like it'll even hold a battery let alone a monitor and receiver too, and while it does bolt on tight it has a bit too much flex for me to feel comfortable with my 8" display and extras riding on top. I might revisit that when I get an all-in-one monitor (lighter weight, less bulk), but for now my current one stays on the tripod till I find a better option.
this is the one I received. (note it has steel bracket with bolts and nuts for the tablet mount) (note 2 the short length of the side rails and only one mount option)
3-4.jpg

this is the one advertised: (note aluminum threaded brackets) (note 2 long side rails with multiple mount to controller mounting options)
fpv2.jpg

Ok, it looks like you got slipped the other version of that same mount that I've seen around...the main difference being the single ring of mounting holes at the bottom instead of two like in the pic on UAVdirect. Mine does also have the threaded metal L-brackets on the top instead of the nuts like you received.

I'd just let them know you got a different model than what they advertised, and you don't want it due to the differences.

OI Photography said:
Ok, it looks like you got slipped the other version of that same mount that I've seen around...the main difference being the single ring of mounting holes at the bottom instead of two like in the pic on UAVdirect. Mine does also have the threaded metal L-brackets on the top instead of the nuts like you received.

I'd just let them know you got a different model than what they advertised, and you don't want it due to the differences.
I need the other to clear the extender and be higher off from the controller.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

UAVDirect went beyond what I was eXpecting.
They have corrected this issue and I highly recommend them to anyone needing UAV/RC parts accessories or complete rigs.
Great people. Thank you

I've dealt with them . . . they are only about 5 mins from my house. They are always very prompt in returning emails, and even calling me (my PV2 was pretty messed up). I have really enjoyed working with them and although they are a bit overwhelmed right now with orders and builds, they really do try to treat the customer right.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj