UAV Public Liability Insurance, UK - Help needed!

Reaction score
Aware that this may be lost in all the talk about the new FW/SW, but does anyone know if it is possible to get Public (repeat) Public Liability Insurance (PLI) for leisure flying of a P3P in the UK without acquiring the RPQ needed for commercial operation? Reason is that I sought permission from a Local Authority to fly my phantom in a space owned by them and it was declined as I had no PLI.

Aware that this may be lost in all the talk about the new FW/SW, but does anyone know if it is possible to get Public (repeat) Public Liability Insurance (PLI) for leisure flying of a P3P in the UK without acquiring the RPQ needed for commercial operation? Reason is that I sought permission from a Local Authority to fly my phantom in a space owned by them and it was declined as I had no PLI.

Just got my P3A last week and I joined the BMFA. Only £16 until December. 25mill in 3rd party liability

Reactions: Skylark
Just got my P3A last week and I joined the BMFA. Only £16 until December. 25mill in 3rd party liability
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info. But is there not a difference between 3rd party and public liability? The latter is what the local authority is looking for.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info. But is there not a difference between 3rd party and public liability? The latter is what the local authority is looking for.

I honestly don't know, I received my info pack from them today, a lot of info and T&Cs. It mainly Outlines that providing I'm abiding by the rules any damage to other property and or persons will be covered. Providing I have permission from the land owner.
You can always send them an email for further info.
I had a look myself for insurance but majority of them were for business use. I'm just using it for recreation

I honestly don't know, I received my info pack from them today, a lot of info and T&Cs. It mainly Outlines that providing I'm abiding by the rules any damage to other property and or persons will be covered. Providing I have permission from the land owner.
You can always send them an email for further info.
I had a look myself for insurance but majority of them were for business use. I'm just using it for recreation
Thanks. Did you get a cover note as well that could be sent to, for example, a local authority?

Thanks. Did you get a cover note as well that could be sent to, for example, a local authority?

Yeh, just like a car insurance one. With all my details and amount of cover. I've photo copied mine and will be keeping it in my box when I'm out and about with it.

Yeh, just like a car insurance one. With all my details and amount of cover. I've photo copied mine and will be keeping it in my box when I'm out and about with it.
Great. Will contact them in the morning. I take it covers damage to property and personal injury to the amount you mentioned?

Great. Will contact them in the morning. I take it covers damage to property and personal injury to the amount you mentioned?
Last thing, how long did it take for the paperwork to be received?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.