UAV forecast

Constantly. I'll check it a half hour before flight and then again just before I step out. I'll also check windytv.com.

I think it's more important if you live in a hilly area and are located in a valley/pocket protected by wind. I can have it dead calm outside and find 15 mph winds up a couple hundred feet high...

I agree with the above post: In my locality I usually just step outside, look at the trees to see how much they're swaying, lick my finger and hold it up to dry.... If all OK, then off I jolly well go!!

But I'm also very mindful that wind speed at my 'ground level' (c.900 m ASL) might not be exactly the same 200m or 300 m higher... so I'm always constantly checking things out...

Needless to say, I think that I spend far too much time worrying about what could possibly go wrong.... But better safe(ish) than sorry... :)

What are you trying to figure out?

I look at the sky, if it's clear, it's my day.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I'm not just want to ask how many go by it and how many don't due to the fact I see lots of people having issues with drones dropping suddenly out of the sky due to malfunction .....more in likely some don't realize weather can play a big effect on flying ! Can't just assume that its clear out that you just put it up …...factors play in with cold etc

Sent from my Hi8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are regularly flying, you develop some intuitions if the flying conditions are ok. For example I can sense if the wind speed is manageable.

Flying in cold is a very special case and one needs to warm up the batteries before using them.

Based upon my reading of the posts in the forum, I doubt if most of the crashes are due to bad weather. It yes, one needs to check weather if you are planning to go out far for flying, you don't want to dry disappointed at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I use UAV forecast. I live in a windy area and I can set the altitude to 300ft just to check the winds up there.
I also set a few of the other limits and I can get a fairly good idea what day/days are going to be best to fly.
Of course if the sky is blue it's a great day to fly!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mydrone70
I find it reliable and constantly monitor forward predictions to get a good idea of when and where to fly. Interesting a lot look for blue skies, i like it better when my seeing 30% plus cloud forecast, gives a lot more interest to the sky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers