UAV Bits strong arms

Reaction score
I bought these and they came in. Thinking to put them on tonight. I already have a small crack on my shell. Will putting these on void my warranty so I would never be able to send it in for a repair on the warranty? I just don't want to send it in later and regret it when they say they will have to charge me because I had put these on.

Will putting these on void my warranty so I would never be able to send it in for a repair on the warranty?
Technically, using any third party accessories could void your warranty. You will not have to open your shell to install the Strong Arms, so the installation itself is okay to do. And, if you decide to send in your Phantom later, you can easily remove them. Just be sure you don't over-tighten the motor screws when you install them. That could cause additional cracking to occur.

Technically, using any third party accessories could void your warranty. You will not have to open your shell to install the Strong Arms, so the installation itself is okay to do. And, if you decide to send in your Phantom later, you can easily remove them. Just be sure you don't over-tighten the motor screws when you install them. That could cause additional cracking to occur.

Okay thank you. So you think if I put them on I could take them off at a later date and send it in and they would not notice?

So you think if I put them on I could take them off at a later date and send it in and they would not notice?
Right. Installing them is not going to make the cracks worse either. If anything, it'll help prevent further cracking. The jury is still out on how well these things really work though.

I have some but decided at this point not to install. Partly bc it would require augmenting my cases and also bc I didn't want to chance breaking the currently unbroken.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I have some but decided at this point not to install. Partly bc it would require augmenting my cases and also bc I didn't want to chance breaking the currently unbroken.

I'm just curious what kind of case are you using?

I have two. See pics!
2b9bdf563e47f3907e26eb90ac62c78b.jpg

4599824f889d130b94d8fbca2d9cb187.jpg

My birds just were outside to get cold for a cold IMU cal!!

Okay thank you. So you think if I put them on I could take them off at a later date and send it in and they would not notice?
Shouldn't notice at all. Be sure to save the original bolts and add a dab of nail polish when installing to act as a thread locker

Reactions: ashtonhess
Just so you know that make a strong arm that doesn't wrap around for cases like yours

Reactions: jryser

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie