Typical Range on 3 Standard

Reaction score
What is the normal horizontal or slant distance for the 3 Standard?
Today I was getting RTH at around 800 Feet away. Previously I’ve had signal lose at 500 Feet away. That does not seem like a long distance for this drone. I‘ve read about range extenders on this forum. Any input is appreciated.

What is the normal horizontal or slant distance for the 3 Standard?
Today I was getting RTH at around 800 Feet away. Previously I’ve had signal lose at 500 Feet away. That does not seem like a long distance for this drone. I‘ve read about range extenders on this forum. Any input is appreciated.

The P3S uses a wifi link, very similar to the older Phantom 2 Vision units, DJI state about 500m with the CE version or 1000M with the FCC version.

That said the distance range has always been a favourite topic amongst P3S owners with many being far from satisfied with the distance they can fly.

Adding Argtek or Itelite aerials is an option but even then many still struggle to get any good distance

Also there was an issue with something burning out after an update (maybe DJI tried to cripple them) the video is here

Reactions: Phantom Pirate
The P3S uses a wifi link, very similar to the older Phantom 2 Vision units, DJI state about 500m with the CE version or 1000M with the FCC version.

That said the distance range has always been a favourite topic amongst P3S owners with many being far from satisfied with the distance they can fly.

Adding Argtek or Itelite aerials is an option but even then many still struggle to get any good distance

Also there was an issue with something burning out after an update (maybe DJI tried to cripple them) the video is here

Is there anyone that can attest to this fix and verify it works? I can install the jumper wire but it would be nice to know the results from others who have done this.

Mine (UK CE) was around 1200 feet, far more than I ever needed. The picture was already breaking up a little before this point - simple reflectors off Ebay helped with this but I never explored further out.

Adam

Reactions: crash1sttime
Is there anyone that can attest to this fix and verify it works? I can install the jumper wire but it would be nice to know the results from others who have done this.

This is a fix for issues i think
read the full thread

With an ArgTek Phantom 3 Standard controller antenna conversion kit installed, I often get clean video feedback from the drone well out beyond 6,000 feet, in some directions from my launch site. This range is weather dependent, and is often lass than a mile.

I have thoroughly tested flight battery range of the Phantom 3 Standard, flying autonomous Litchi waypoint missions well beyond signal range. With a cumulative 700 such flight miles of autonomous Litchi flights covered thus far, I have noted the maximum round-trip distance attainable to be 6.1 miles, generally flown over about 22 minutes, and at the standard Litchi cruise speed of 17.9 miles per hour, during the course of which the battery depletes down to between 20 and 25% on landing after such maximum distance missions.

My farest distance with my P3S was 400+ meters in 90 meters of altitude with stock configuration.

Reactions: Phtm3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4