Type of batteries

Reaction score
I'm looking to get extra batteries for my phantom 3standard. I noticed that there is a part #12 a part #133 and a part #134. Is there a difference between the batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The most recent version of the P3 battery has Chinese writing on the outside labeling. Other than that, the batteries are identical as far as I know. I've never seen anyone mention that any of those part numbers performed better than the others.

Following on from this - are there any different size capacity battery's ?

Nigel

I've seen it on a few listings on eBay. From my understanding, the battery for the phantom 3 standard, advanced and pro are all the same. Even though some of the listings may say a particular battery is for the advanced or pro.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

They are all the same.

Last edited:
I bought my second from an Irish supplier - about 50% of DJI reccd price. Works fine.

If you buy via credit card or Paypal - you have option to claim.

What I want to find is a DJI battery that is worn out but still works - to see if its possible to replace the lipo's inside. Hoping it may be similar to working a code car radio - keep power live to the board while swapping items.

Nigel

I have three batteries from banggood.com

I can pick no difference in performance from the genuine battery, but much cheaper.
Just go there and search "Phantom battery"

Or go HERE:

phantom battery - Buy Cheap phantom battery - From Banggood
I'm pretty sure that DJI added something to their firmware that detects non oem batteries, and will not allow the motors to start, so buyer beware.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that DJI added something to their firmware that detects non oem batteries, and will not allow the motors to start, so buyer beware.

Banggood state on their website that they work fine or they will accept returns and refunds.
My P3-4K is all on the latest software and works perfectly with these batteries, no issues whatsoever. There are also 100+ reviews there I think saying all good!

So I have three perfectly working non genuine batteries (I started with one of theirs initially) for only a little more than I would have paid for one genuine, so a no brainer for me.

It's a bit like non genuine parts on the car, some are rubbish, but some are perfectly good at a fraction the price of original (and sometimes even made on the same production line!)

Cya

Last edited:
Banggood state on their website that they work fine or they will accept returns and refunds.
My P3-4K is all on the latest software and works perfectly with these batteries, no issues whatsoever. There are also 100+ reviews there I think saying all good!

So I have three perfectly working non genuine batteries (I started with one of theirs initially) for only a little more than I would have paid for one genuine, so a no brainer for me.

It's a bit like non genuine parts on the car, some are rubbish, but some are perfectly good at a fraction the price of original (and sometimes even made on the same production line!)

Cya
Glad they work.
This thread from May `16 went for several months. (and got off track a bit) The OP @squirrel didn't seem to get his to work.
Maybe the aftermarket mfr. was able to overcome the DJI block.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattnn