Type of batteries for Phantom 1

Reaction score
Hello! Can somebody explain me if I can buy for my Phantom a 2S -- 10000mAh battery -- or a 3S -- 5000mAh? What do the 2S or 3S mean? And do these type of batteries damage the computer or motors??

Thank you!

2s or 3s mean 2 cell or 3 cell
Each cell is ~3.7v so 1s=3.7v 2s=7.4v 3s=11.1v So on and so forth.
You need a 3s 11.1v for your P1
Anything bigger that a maddog 2700mah is going to require trimming of the battery compartment.

So far, I found only one non-DJI vendor for the P2. The "s" stands for series. It determines how many cells are used to create the lipo. For example, a 2s lipo is 2 cells, 3s = 3 cells, etc. The number of cells determine the voltage output of the battery. Lipos are rated at 3.7 volts per cell.

Diesel31 said:
So far, I found only one non-DJI vendor for the P2. The "s" stands for series. It determines how many cells are used to create the lipo. For example, a 2s lipo is 2 cells, 3s = 3 cells, etc. The number of cells determine the voltage output of the battery. Lipos are rated at 3.7 volts per cell.
That explains the 3s2p then. 3 series 2 parallel. Duuuuuhhhh :lol:

edit: who makes the other P2 battery?

gen3benz said:
Diesel31 said:
That explains the 3s2p then. 3 series 2 parallel. Duuuuuhhhh :lol:

edit: who makes the other P2 battery?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171284998536?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Longer faster harder....ttrongr?

Wow, I wonder how long it will take for DJI to activate the encryption handshake in the battery?

That's quite an interesting development, I'd love to see how it performs.

gen3benz said:
2s or 3s mean 2 cell or 3 cell
Each cell is ~3.7v so 1s=3.7v 2s=7.4v 3s=11.1v So on and so forth.
You need a 3s 11.1v for your P1
Anything bigger that a maddog 2700mah is going to require trimming of the battery compartment.

Thank you man!

You will want to read up on proper lipo battery uses for the Phantom 1 if you aren't familiar with them.

For example, if you run the battery past 80% discharge, you are shortening the life of your lipos.

hello,I'm new here and wonder what the20c at the end 11.1v is supose to do ?
than's a bunch

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4