Tx upgrade messed up my trim settings

Reaction score
So I updated the Tx last night and took the PV2 up this morning to make sure everything was working and something I noticed it the PV2 now has a slight tilt to it. while hovering which makes it very difficult to hold it's location. I knew I would have to make adjustments when I added the new motors but is it typical to have to re-adjust everything after a firmware update?

Is there a simple method other than trial and error to ensure all your motors are synced?

Thanks much!

Viro

I just overwrote the existing with a new download of the same. A pointless, I did it just so I could be familiar with the process since it was a different interface.

Viro

sounds like you either have problem with one of the motors or you need to do an advanced IMU calibration with it sitting on a level surface.

If its the motors tho it should not just tilt on direction and stay that way and it instead should keep trying to correct its self and start wolbeling.. But if your IMU is frigged up some how to were it thinks its level when its actually tilted then the IMU should fix it once it knows were level really is again.

I thought it might be in the manual but dont see it any ware.

But basically to to an IMU calibration You plug the phantom in to the usb and open your naza assistant software go to the tools tabs and on that page you should see a tab thats says basic with a button that says check imu status and a tab that says advanced next to it and click on that then the box that says advanced cali while the phantom is siting level and still. click the advanced cali button and hit yes when it asks you to and it will take a few minutes. If you get a box pop up saying some thing about it needing to cool down for 5 minutes do you want to continue click yes and ignore the warning its a known bug in all the versions of the naza software and says it all the time.

Just out of curiosity were are these trim settings I some times hear people talking about??

Geert said:
virodeath said:
Is there a guide for going through IMU calibration?

Thanks

Viro

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=IMU+calibration+phantom#seen

Geert./.

Sometimes when I want generic information I use google and spend hours sorting through information that is easy to understand. Other times I go to forums that are specific to my topic that have people that are friendly, experienced and have possibly encountered the same problems I have and are willing to share their experiences or point me to a guide that was created to specifically for people looking for answers.

Being that I had already spent hours watching "how to use the assistant software" and not seeing anything about issues with motor speed or aircraft not flying level I thought I would ask a community of people who have more experience than me. Google has a LOT of information and even more conflicting information or better yet information that isn't right.

I am very sorry you don't know the answer to my question but showing me that you can make a video screen leading me to Google search isn't really helping. I might not have taken such offense to your video had it provided me with a search term that maybe I didn't think of to find my answer or better yet a link!...

This forum is one of the few I have been to that doesn't have some kind of general help pinned to the top of each topic answering the most common questions and that can be updated. Maybe my question would have been in there.

Now I came back to this post to say that after two short flights the problem fixed it's self and that to the best of "my" knowledge there must not be a method to sync motor speed. I thought maybe for people upgrading to Antigravity T-motors but it looks like you just solder and thats it.

Maybe there is an issue with one of my speed controls??

Thanks,

Viro

virodeath said:
Being that I had already spent hours watching "how to use the assistant software" and not seeing anything about issues with motor speed or aircraft not flying level I thought I would ask a community of people who have more experience than me. Google has a LOT of information and even more conflicting information or better yet information that isn't right.

Now I came back to this post to say that after two short flights the problem fixed it's self and that to the best of "my" knowledge there must not be a method to sync motor speed. I thought maybe for people upgrading to Antigravity T-motors but it looks like you just solder and thats it.

Maybe there is an issue with one of my speed controls??

Thanks,

Viro

I highly doubt it's motors out of sync. Symptoms would be an almost constant yaw when flying (ask me how I know...)

If your aircraft is not flying level there's a few reasons. Usually it's compass calibration aka compass dance - that gives craft basic horizontal and vertical information. BUT- if compass #s are too high your compass calibration is still going to be off and that's when an advanced IMU calibration should be done. When you go into assistant software -> Tools - check 3rd line down compass #s. They should be between 1200 - 1800. If not then deguass the compass.

What I practice - I do an advanced IMU calibration (it performs basic along with it) make sure my compass #s are good, do a compass cal, wait for 6+ satellites then fly.

Another possibility is sticks need to be calibrated. If they're off it will drift. To cal sticks - Assistant software -> BASIC -> RC

As you mentioned after 2 flights it appears to have fixed itself tells me your calibrations tighten up the flight controller.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. EMCSQUAR. I have gone through the IMU calibration with a fine tooth after the 3.06 updater due to issues with my ground station not wanting to go into GPS mode (totally different issue) and have fine tuned everything per the numerous YouTube videos I have watched.

I am about to switch over to a Futaba T8J transmitter but am hesitant because I am not sure if I do that if I need to then move my Wi-Fi to the 5.8GHz spectrum to avoid interference with the transmitter. All of the videos I have watched show the different upgrades but don't necessarily say they did "this" to avoid "that". I would assume I need to change it because it would seem it would cause a problem but I haven't confirmed it yet. Do you have any info you could share with me on that topic?

Thanks again for your help.

Viro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers