TX RF Power

Reaction score
I've tested my TX Power using ImmersionRC RF Power Meter and the reading is ZERO???

This should be around 100mW as my TX is set to FCC mode.

Broken RF meter or TX?

Attachments

• rf meter.JPG
    rf meter.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 593
glennaxl said:
I've tested my TX Power using ImmersionRC RF Power Meter and the reading is ZERO???

This should be around 100mW as my TX is set to FCC mode.

Broken RF meter or TX?

Hi, intersted to know if you got this sorted? i got my Rf meter yesterday and was somewhat dissapointed to find out what my RC output readings were. mine was reading at max 35mw in FCC mode? i have a 12dbi blackhawk and 2 SP's on the UAV. I couldn't seem to get past the 1000metre range before the RC drops out and it looks like this may be the reason!!

i'd like to know what your readings are when you get it sorted...

thanks

Good point...
you want 'Avg' (i.e.CW).

N017RW said:
Good point...
you want 'Avg' (i.e.CW).

0.11mw with 30db attenuator on average
22.32mw up to 42.52 mw on peak

i got to admit i don't really know what i'm doing with this meter i just read the instructions and connected it.... anyway i'm in a worse place now, I just updated to 3.06 and now i cant connect to my camera at all.... :cry: tried everything so looks like i gotta shelve it till another update comes out!!

would still be interesting to hear of any other RF readings though as i get the feeling that the power outputs are someone random!!

The speced output is 20dBm which equals 100 mw as you understood.

Did you ever hook it up without the attenuator?

Just tried it without the attenuator, reset the settings to zero, now I get no reading and the power levels just flashes. In the manaul for the rf meter this tells me there is not enough power going to the meter or too much.

Manual says 500mw or over you must use a 30 attenuator and over 2w you must use a 40 attenuator. It also explains if hooking up to tx or uhf to use the attenuator and only use without when checking antenna setups. I have since checked my outputs on both of the outputs on the camera tx with the attenuator attached and they both read around 100mw which is what they should be I believe?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20