TX inside Phantom 2

Reaction score
Has anyone put the video transmitter inside the shell? Will it get too hot ? Is there enough room, I suppose drilling out a hole for the antenna would be ok?
thanks for your help
Joe

Phantom 2 has enough room. In the Vision 2+, the wifi module inside serves the same purpose. Should be enough ventilation already.
You can run the wires through the existing holes in the landing gear.

I think you'd want a tiny fan on it like some TXs have or atleast a heatsink sticking out.
My 600mW Immersion gets really hot even after I put it in an Al bracket slash heat sink.

Joeg1937 said:
Has anyone put the video transmitter inside the shell? Will it get too hot ? Is there enough room, I suppose drilling out a hole for the antenna would be ok?
thanks for your help
Joe

this forum has plenty of people running their FPV Transmitter up inside the shell, but I really don't think it's recommended especially if you have a higher power transmitter like the ImmersionRC 600mW. FPV transmitters do get hot and they need airflow... sure like I said people are doing it and it's working out, but why not just mount it to the belly behind the gimbal like "normal" ... that's 1 less thing to go wrong.

Almost everyone moves the CAN-BUS port up into the shell for an internal mount of the iOSD Mini, which doesn't get hot or anything

Not a hugely significant point, but if you ever wanted to change channels, it would be nice planning if you could get to the dip switches on the vTx without having to take the lid off the quad.

TX mounted inside with dip switches accessible.
IMG_7204.jpg

Antenna uses existing hole in landing gear.
IMG_7193.jpg

That is one small transmitter. Which one is it?

TS5823 BosCam 5.8G 200mW 32 Channel

It is a tiny little thing. With some FPVLR antennas, it's good to over 1100 meters.

Thanks for all the comments, I think I will keep it outside the bird, it's a 2000 MW Tx, and it does have a fan built in. It's a flytrex black mamba.

That thing is insanely big and heavy, holy cow! No way would that fit inside the bird.

Joeg1937 said:
Thanks for all the comments, I think I will keep it outside the bird, it's a 2000 MW Tx, and it does have a fan built in. It's a flytrex black mamba.
Wow I do hope that is mW and not MW :D

Why? Just, why? -_____-

Joeg1937 said:
My correction it is mW....

Joeg1937, really, I was just joking with you. I knew what you meant. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20