Two Transmitters with one bird

Reaction score
Most of the time I fly close and don't need much range.
My case also does not fit extra antennas,etc.
The stock setup is fast, lighter and more convenient.

I purchased a second Vision Plus as a spare.
I will bind the second transmitter (controller) to the same copter.
One will be modified to use many different antennas, and one will remain stock.

Can anyone advise any gotchas or experiences doing this?

Thanks.

Are you using the stock & long-range controllers with two separate Phantoms, or switching them for use with a single Phantom?

Using your stock & long-range transmitters with a single Phantom will require binding to the desired transmitter. This takes only seconds to accomplish, and you will need to repeat the binding procedure any time you switch controllers. More involved is switching Wi-Fi Extenders. I don't have my second controller & Extender yet to test this, but I think the easiest solution here is to name both your stock & long range Extenders with identical SSIDs. This way, to the Phantom & your FPV device, they will appear one and the same, and things will auto-connect . The only potential drawback here is you would not be able to use both of your Phantoms at the same time, without changing one of the Extender SSIDs to a unique ID.

Thanks DirtyBird.
Yes, I will be using both transmitters only with the same single active copter.
The other copter will be in the storage hangar, on standby in case Gimbalitis hits.

I will do as you say, sir.
Thanks for the helpful info.

I will likely be purchasing another complete Vision+ also, as it appears to be the easiest solution to obtaining a spare controller and RE700 range extender. Having the spare Vision+ on hand won't be so bad either. :D

Yes, there is an outlay of cash, but the entire hit on the investment is probably $400, as we can probably sell the 2nd one used for $400 less. I actually am doing more bold things with the first one, knowing I have a backup.
So overall, it is increasing the usefulness and fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20