Two props run faster the two others on the ground

Reaction score
so what happen yesterday ... I land and leave motors running at low speed and two of motors were running faster then two others which make drone flip on one side I notice that so I give more power and drone airborn but almost two props touched the ground. It was with GPS on.

Has itt always done that? Anything changed in the mean time? Any wind at the time? Was the drone level? I'd certainly do a an IMU calibration.

Not always twice. Once outside second was I try to fly indoor. Not much wind. Level was pretty good I guess. I never done IMU calibration need to look for it.

Now I know what I'm talking about .... that noise from motors I hear and wonder if it's normal ... high pitched 'whistle' sound

IMU is to calibrate camera not motors, right ? Maybe I'm wrong
The IMU is the Inertial Measuring Unit .. all the sensors that help the flight controller make the Phantom fly.
If your Phantom flies properly, everything is fine.
Don't leave it idling on the ground for long.

The IMU is the Inertial Measuring Unit .. all the sensors that help the flight controller make the Phantom fly.
If your Phantom flies properly, everything is fine.
Don't leave it idling on the ground for long.

"Don't leave it idling on the ground for long." Interesting.... why not ?

"Don't leave it idling on the ground for long." Interesting.... why not ?
Because there have been several cases of owners flying, landing and leaving it idling.
Over time, temperature changes in the Phantom cause the barometer readings to make the Phantom think it's flying and it initiates RTH to try to get back.

Reactions: RodPad
Because there have been several cases of owners flying, landing and leaving it idling.
Over time, temperature changes in the Phantom cause the barometer readings to make the Phantom think it's flying and it initiates RTH to try to get back.

That make sense. I hope that was the reason. So better take off right after I start motors and after landing cut off motors is better.
How about that noise "whistle" you think its ok ?

WOW,

@YamaHu, also feel how hot the camera gets, even hotter when its powered on with props off.

IMU link, no need to chill it. ;)
IMU Calibration | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj