Two ideas I'd appreciate your thoughts. Trg cse & finance

Reaction score
I would be interested to know what members thought of this idea.
A friend is a DJI dealer, they are considering offering a finance option on the purchase of Phantom, and DJI products. So my first question is, do people think that there is a market for this?

The second part of this post is to ask whether people think that a training course would be a popular thing to offer. The reason that I've posted both questions together is because my friend may think about offering both the phantom and a weeks training course all in one finance package. The course would be deigned to introduce the new user to their equipment, teach them the basics regarding maintenance, servicing, updating, flying, filming, editing and even repairing. It would be aimed at the new or inexperienced user. It would not be designed to make a BBC cameraman in a week.
Course location would be France, accommodation supplied etc,etc very rough estimate of cost = sub 400 quid all in.

This is just an enquiry to you more experienced guys.......I'm a fireman and not a dealer. However, I used to have a skydiving business and I took many, many students to Florida and taught them to skydive. In my experience (4,500 jumps) it was always a far better way to learn. I know these things cost a lot so I'm guessing that money is a factor as well. In my opinion, I think it could be a really useful package to offer. I get pretty confused with my vision so having it all explained to my, as I used to do to my skydiving students, bit by bit and in slow time.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to find faults with this idea, find solutions, tweak or improve it so please do pm me or post here if you have any input whatsoever on the subject.

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Re: Two ideas I'd appreciate your thoughts. Trg cse & financ

The financing I think is a good idea, i know if i didn't get a ton back on taxes i wouldn't have been able to get into this hobby at all. The lessons... there could be a market for it but with so much online people can look at and learn from for free it might be difficult to sell.

Thanks Chrisano, I guess I thought that there are people like me out there who are not too great with written instructions!!!! I progressed far better when I had some one on one instruction hence the idea

Andy

People learn in different ways. My Dad learns stuff better if he is taught by a live person, I prefer online training, he is in his 70's I am in my 40's.

I've done generational training, some can do the books & live person, some of the same age cant, same with online.

So, as for your friend, I do not know what the economy over in France is like, my thought would be if he could offer it & see how it goes. How strong is the base for uav's over there? Is there a market? Or are the rules so restrictive that not many will be into it?

Its like any business nowadays.. if there is a market for it they will come.

Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1