Two beeps but still in CE mode... so are you

Reaction score
Quoting the RCgroups page:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 32&page=51
I had no problem up to 1660 feet overhead, but I just checked my Vision + transmitter in the RC assistant software and it was set to CE...even though the pot is set to FCC and the transmitter beeps twice on start up...everyone should check the software. I changed the radio button to FCC and turned off and on the transmitter and the FCC button stay lit...

I checked it out too. 2 beeps on power up. When I downloaded the RC System Assistant Software 1.1 from DJI and connected my transmitter to the computer (USB port on bottom), the radio button DID say CE mode. I clicked FCC mode and powered off/reconnected and now the software keeps the FCC radio button. Have to go take a look and see if it made any difference.

See for yourself...interesting at least.

Somewhere in the manual I am almost positive it stated that the two beeps from the transmitter confirms FCC mode regardless of what is seen in the RC assistant software

Thanks Phantomguy, that was my understanding too. Will post any different results here in a few.... I was getting about 1400-1600 @ 300 feet in my neighborhood until dropouts/lost connections started. Nightflight time!

Just got out to 2400 feet away with no drop off in control reported by app. A definate increase in my previous ranges. Unbelievable. Is it really true? Was I in CE mode all this time?

To anyone trying the above (attaching to RC assistant & changing radio button)... did you get an increase? Or is this just placebo effect? Maybe better range at night (cosmic interference, less 2.4Ghz traffic). I dunno. Can't wait till morning to try in daylight.

This has to be verified by others, please. I can't completely believe it yet.

bump

I noticed the same thing on friday. I thought it was strange but then I just figured that the software does not set the FCC/CE it just allows you to see what the two modes are and how to change them, the software just remembers when one you ware last reading.

My remote came out of box with FCC mode. (two beeps and I checked the pot on the back) I was getting 1,656 feet in altitude before I got a message saying I reached the max altitude. no signal loss though.

I then connected the phantom to the computer and increased the max altitude and radius. I also at that time connected the controller and set the software to FCC in the software. After doing this I took it out for a test flight and reached 1,300 feet in altitude before I lost video feed and RTH kicked in.

I thinking that the range you get can just differ from day to day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers