Two batteries or not two batteries?

Reaction score
That is the question. My new turningy 2200 should arrive today. Just wanted to hear from people who have done the dual(not duel) battery setup. Or do you get longer flight times by just simply replacing one battery when flat and then going up with the next one?

Ozzyguy said:
That is the question. My new turningy 2200 should arrive today. Just wanted to hear from people who have done the dual(not duel) battery setup. Or do you get longer flight times by just simply replacing one battery when flat and then going up with the next one?

All things being equal you will always get more flight time by separately running the batteries and adding up cumulative airtime. :) Weight always has a penalty. Rule of thumb is a decent dual setup gets you 1.5x your single battery flight time.

Dual batteries add at least 175g (often much more) to your quad, and if you're seeking more flight time, chances are you were heavily loaded to begin with! Because of the significant weight gain, you may not see great results just strapping on an extra battery without any planning or accommodation for the added weight. For most people, the best bang for the buck is moving to a larger single battery, which eliminates a lot of the common overhead and errors of running duals.

I'm not exactly running typical duals, but my flight time increases are more reflective of a dual-optimal build (imo). Below are for gimbal, gopro, 600mw fpv and 9443 props:

2200: 9-10min (1044g auw)
2700: 12 min (1072 auw)
2200*2: 15-16 min (1191g auw)
2700*2: 19-21 min (1266g auw)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic